Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

i'll be more pissed off with not signing Ireland than losing Milner.

If Milner goes to Citeh then I agree that Ireland simply has got to be part of the deal. Otherwise MON better have a f**king Schweinsteiger up his sleeve.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be more pissed off with not signing Ireland than losing Milner.

If Milner goes to Citeh then I agree that Ireland simply has got to be part of the deal. Otherwise MON better have a f**king Schweinsteiger up his sleeve.

liverpool have enquired about ireland, so we'd wanna get our skates on

who say's that McGeady will be stepping in to take over from Milner?.anyway this time last year when Barry was sold.i said Milner would be the one to take over and i was shot down for it,im sure what ever happens MON will make the right choice he hasn't done to bad so far.

Whats O'Grady going to do then? Play on the right and move Downing inside?

he'll play on the left imo,he plays the Ash Young role.maybe he's on the way out also,maybe manure.

isnt that exactly what mm said we were planning to do (move downing inside)?

If MON does that we'll have to play 451 or we'll be ****.

to be fair, everyone said the same when i was saying milner should play in the middle a couple of seasons ago, so you never know how these things will work out

True, I guess :D Still would prefer Milner to stay, considering we don't have to sell to buy (apparently).

Anyway come to think of it wasn't Downing outstanding for Boro in the middle rather than out on the wing?

What about throwing Bannan into the middle, and letting play off the strikers in a diamond formation?

Not ready and would not work IMO.

I'd like to see Ireland as part of the deal, or as BOF said a couple of posts above.

Just came acorss this:

http://www.teamtalk.com/celtic/6262788/Petrov-urges-Villa-to-land-McGeady

Stiliyan Petrov has urged Aston Villa to sign his former Celtic team-mate Aiden McGeady.

Villa could step up their bid to capture the winger now that Bhoys manager Neil Lennon has admitted McGeady wants to leave Parkhead.

Petrov believes McGeady could become a "special player" for Villa whose manager Martin O'Neill is looking to add to his squad this summer.

The Bulgarian international said: "We have special players here at Villa already like Stewart Downing, Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor - and Aiden would come into that category.

"They are the sort of players who can make something happen out of nothing so we would be happy if Aiden came to Villa.

"I think he has developed a lot as a player in the last couple of seasons.

"He's a player that a lot of big teams are looking at presently because you don't see many players willing to take the opposition on.

"It will be hard for Celtic to let him go because he's really important for them and I'm talking like he's coming here when I don't know that.

"But I do know he is the type of player that would be good for Villa."

Celtic are reported to want around £8 million for McGeady.

But O'Neill will have additional funds available, plus those already promised by Villa owner Randy Lerner, if he loses his battle to hold onto the £30million-rated James Milner.

Manchester City have already had one bid of £20million rejected for the England midfielder who is currently on holiday after the World Cup.

The line which got my eye was: We have special players here at Villa already like Stewart Downing, Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor

HELLO NO MILNER!

"Look, nothing up this sleeve and......"

oneillg1810468x430.jpg

"That Jonathan Fear follows me about EVERYWHERE! "

Just came acorss this:

Stiliyan Petrov has urged Aston Villa to sign his former Celtic team-mate Aiden McGeady.

Villa could step up their bid to capture the winger now that Bhoys manager Neil Lennon has admitted McGeady wants to leave Parkhead.

Petrov believes McGeady could become a "special player" for Villa whose manager Martin O'Neill is looking to add to his squad this summer.

The Bulgarian international said: "We have special players here at Villa already like Stewart Downing, Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor - and Aiden would come into that category.

"They are the sort of players who can make something happen out of nothing so we would be happy if Aiden came to Villa.

"He's a player that a lot of big teams are looking at presently because you don't see many players willing to take the opposition on.

"It will be hard for Celtic to let him go because he's really important for them and I'm talking like he's coming here when I don't know that.

But O'Neill will have additional funds available, plus those already promised by Villa owner Randy Lerner, if he loses his battle to hold onto the £30million-rated James Milner.

Manchester City have already had one bid of £20million rejected for the England midfielder who is currently on holiday after the World Cup.

The line which got my eye was: We have special players here at Villa already like Stewart Downing, Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor

HELLO NO MILNER!

...to be honest, I stopped at 'special players like Stewart Downing....'

What about throwing Bannan into the middle, and letting play off the strikers in a diamond formation?

:shock:

What's shocking about that?

We've got these kids and they're never given a run out. I'd rather throw them in at the deep end, see what they're about rather than spunk money up the wall.

I'd love to see Bannan and Delph(when fit) thown in.

If we find out that they're not good enough then fair enough but I'd rather us find out

Just came acorss this:

HELLO NO MILNER!

You stopped when our captain praised other players????

'special players like Stewart Downing....'

One of our better players who last year came back from a broken leg and had a good season, all things considered.

Rainy, I don't think Bannan would cut it in our midfield. I've seen him at reserve level and he's been okay. It seems like his level will be Championship or bottom half of Prem at best.

Just came acorss this:

HELLO NO MILNER!

Ever watched him play for Boro?

:shock:

What's shocking about that?

We've got these kids and they're never given a run out. I'd rather throw them in at the deep end, see what they're about rather than spunk money up the wall.

I'd love to see Bannan and Delph(when fit) thown in.

If we find out that they're not good enough then fair enough but I'd rather us find out

Couldnt get in the blackpool starting XI - find out - DONE