Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me any who thinks milner wasnt that good last year wasnt watching villa.

Milner works hard and can put a pass together and was great in the middle last year.

IF or when we lose milner who is gonna replace such an influence in the middle?

Downing? Mcgeady(i hope to god not) Young?

Milner is a big part of the team and losing a big part of the team like that will effect us unless we replace with a like for like.

Feck Milner out, Mc-O'Geady in, midtable here we come =(

a bit of an over-reaction there!!! we did well when lost Barry and I expect us to do the same without JM

get a grip,McGeady wont be Milners replacement,and tbh Milner going isnt enough to just turn us in to a mid table team ffs he wasnt that good.

Yup but last season we had Milner to step in for Barry and he turned out to be just as good, if not better. Can we honestly say that Aiden "can't-get-into-Ireland-team-ahead-of-feckin-Liam-Lawrence" McGeady can do that if Milner leaves?

Milner wasn't primed as Barry's replacement either if you recall - he didn't start centrally until mid november,

I don't think McGeady will be his direct replacement - if anyone is to get the 'job' replacing JM it'll probably be Downing, NRC or Delph (when back from injury)

(and I still think you're over-reacting :winkold: )

We agree to disagree then. :D but part of me thinks that we've still managed to improve every season despite selling our best players / seeing them retire and this lucky run is going to end soon.

a bit of an over-reaction there!!! we did well when lost Barry and I expect us to do the same without JM

get a grip,McGeady wont be Milners replacement,and tbh Milner going isnt enough to just turn us in to a mid table team ffs he wasnt that good.

Yup but last season we had Milner to step in for Barry and he turned out to be just as good, if not better. Can we honestly say that Aiden "can't-get-into-Ireland-team-ahead-of-feckin-Liam-Lawrence" McGeady can do that if Milner leaves?

who say's that McGeady will be stepping in to take over from Milner?.anyway this time last year when Barry was sold.i said Milner would be the one to take over and i was shot down for it,im sure what ever happens MON will make the right choice he hasn't done to bad so far.

Milner wasn't primed as Barry's replacement either if you recall - he didn't start centrally until mid november,

I don't think McGeady will be his direct replacement - if anyone is to get the 'job' replacing JM it'll probably be Downing, NRC or Delph (when back from injury)

(and I still think you're over-reacting :winkold: )

We agree to disagree then. :D but part of me thinks that we've still managed to improve every season despite selling our best players / seeing them retire and this lucky run is going to end soon.

:) fingers crossed our luck doesn't run out.... I think we'll be ok to be honest, with or without JM (although he was superb last season)

I'm confused. The Mario Mandzukic thread has been locked because he's supposed to have signed for Wolfsburg.

But this is in The Sun TODAY:

O’Neill key man is super Mario

MARTIN O'NEILL is weighing up an £8million bid for Mario Mandzukic.

Aston Villa's boss sent scouts to check on the Croatia striker on Tuesday and is ready to step up his interest.

O'Neill has received glowing reports on Mandzukic, 23, who struck twice for Dinamo Zagreb in a 5-1 Champions League qualifier win over FC Koper.

The Irishman can bolster his transfer kitty with the anticipated sales of Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell and Luke Young.

And he is prepared to use a large chunk of his expected transfer pot to lure Mandzukic to Villa Park.

Mandzukic has guided Zagreb to back-to-back league and cup doubles in Croatia in the last two seasons but wants a fresh challenge in the Premier League.

His representatives are actively looking to find him a top-flight club here and Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal have also expressed interest in him.

Believe me any who thinks milner wasnt that good last year wasnt watching villa.

Milner works hard and can put a pass together and was great in the middle last year.

IF or when we lose milner who is gonna replace such an influence in the middle?

Downing? Mcgeady(i hope to god not) Young?

Milner is a big part of the team and losing a big part of the team like that will effect us unless we replace with a like for like.

Id take Ireland over him,and i think Ireland would do better in our midfield.i'll be more pissed off with not signing Ireland than losing Milner.

who say's that McGeady will be stepping in to take over from Milner?.anyway this time last year when Barry was sold.i said Milner would be the one to take over and i was shot down for it,im sure what ever happens MON will make the right choice he hasn't done to bad so far.

Hmm who do you think will replace Milner if he goes then? Out of the 3 you listed... Downing? Maybe but he's too lightweight, and I didn't get the sense that MON ever saw him as a central midfielder. NRC is a totally different sort of a player. Maybe Delph but he's injured for the first half of the season.

Hmm who do you think will replace Milner if he goes then? Out of the 3 you listed... Downing? Maybe but he's too lightweight, and I didn't get the sense that MON ever saw him as a central midfielder. NRC is a totally different sort of a player. Maybe Delph but he's injured for the first half of the season.

none of them 3,i think we'll bring in another midfielder,a proper one, not a make-shift..

If we do sign McGeady then I'm willing to give him a chance. I've only seen glimpses of him on Youtube and he looks like a bit of a showboat. But I'm not going to judge him on that and what other people have said.

Who knows? Maybe he'll pick up his game in the Prem and prove us wrong?

if milner wants out i'd rather he went as no player would want to perform if they never liked the club so i'd rather he had out and we bought someone on the same level or if not better instead!

edit : this Mario Mandzukic rumour is it true he's signed? is he any good?

Whats O'Grady going to do then? Play on the right and move Downing inside?

isnt that exactly what mm said we were planning to do (move downing inside)?

except he did say itd be albrighton on the right, with ash going back on the left

except he did say itd be albrighton on the right, with ash going back on the left

I just dont get O'Grady signing. As you said there's Albrighton and Downing was at times a liability last season, his head would go to scrambled egg.

If MON does that we'll have to play 451 or we'll be ****.

to be fair, everyone said the same when i was saying milner should play in the middle a couple of seasons ago, so you never know how these things will work out