Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

So is this now officially the latest MON has been in the summer window without signing anyone?

Well, technically Petrov in MON's first season was his first signing, signed in August.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something needs to happen. This is boring me to tears to be honest. Ok, other clubs haven't signed anyone yet but there has been lots of talk of clubs making moves for players. We just seem to be getting linked with cast offs from Eastern Europe, or Serie A.

I surprised MON was not tempted to throw 90grand a week at J Cole, considering some of the obscene amounts of money our fringe players get paid for never having to play.

That much is true if MON fancies him as a player. It certainly wouldnt have harmed MON's kudos and would have filled the ground on many occasions. Paying Sidwell £40k a week to sit on the bench is ridiculous and there are others.

I think it would have been worse to pay £90k for a player to sit in your treatment room!

What will people's opinion be if we don't sign players who didn't go to the world cup until August then MON complains they didn't have a pre-season at Villa?

Keane or Ireland arriving in August for example?

I'll have a wee chuckle to myself as I do every year and then I'll get on with my life ;)

The complaints about not having a preseason is not that they did not have a preseason with us it is that they did not have a preseason at all. Downing and Milner are the only 2 that I have heard this said about.

I cant post links from my mobile, sorry. but tonights E&S has a interview with stiliyan petrov. he said 'we know there are going to be new players coming in and as we all know, our boss will be doing everything in the last three or four days' looks like we have a few more weeks to wait.

getting top known players to come down to vp is not gonna be easy
why?

were not a fashionable club and we dont pay ridiculous wages and we dont have a manager that foreign players would love to play for i.e wenger. we've gone as far as we can with type of players we can attract so we need to pull out all the stops to bring in the so called top 4 quality players.

I cant post links from my mobile, sorry. but tonights E&S has a interview with stiliyan petrov. he said 'we know there are going to be new players coming in and as we all know, our boss will be doing everything in the last three or four days' looks like we have a few more weeks to wait.

That was Stan being funny.

"I don't think it's a problem because, as we all know, our boss will be doing everything in the last three or four days!" said Petrov.

"I am sure the manager and the chairman, who was down at the training ground last week, are working hard on getting new players in.

why?

were not a fashionable club and we dont pay ridiculous wages and we dont have a manager that foreign players would love to play for i.e wenger. we've gone as far as we can with type of players we can attract so we need to pull out all the stops to bring in the so called top 4 quality players or players leaving big clubs who arent obsessed with champions league football

why?

were not a fashionable club and we dont pay ridiculous wages and we dont have a manager that foreign players would love to play for i.e wenger. we've gone as far as we can with type of players we can attract so we need to pull out all the stops to bring in the so called top 4 quality players or players leaving big clubs who arent obsessed with champions league football

Hear hear! :D

why?

:D

why?

so you think the best way of us qualifying for the champions league is to sign players who arent really @rsed about playing in it?

why?

so you think the best way of us qualifying for the champions league is to sign players who arent really @rsed about playing in it?

we are in a position where we have to sign players who have the talent, prepared to work hard and aim for a champions league finish not walk into a team who are already in it. if a player is playing excellent for there club who are already in the cl and want to move to another team who are already in the cl then that is fine but why sign players who arent really the star performers in there team and may not already be in the cl and give them a easy route when they havent earned it i.e joe cole thats why he was released and not offered a new contract when he thought he deserved to have his pick out of the other top 3 teams and ended up at 7th placed liverpool cos his rep and ego is bigger than his performances. he knows he has just as much chance finishing 4th with villa as he does liverpool but he will earn way more at liverpool hence why we need players who are determined to prove themselves

Joe Cole has played thirty nine league games in the last two years. He has scored just four goals in those matches. He has never scored more than eight goals in a premiership season. Chelsea fans will tell you that he can't shoot straight. What part of that makes him worth ninety thousand pounds a week?

Ashley Young said "If the contract talks are put forward to me, then of course I will sit down and talk."

That's the first I heard about Young getting a new contract. I thought he only recently signed a 4 year contract.

Joe Cole has played thirty nine league games in the last two years. He has scored just four goals in those matches. He has never scored more than eight goals in a premiership season. Chelsea fans will tell you that he can't shoot straight. What part of that makes him worth ninety thousand pounds a week?

another over hyped over paid player glad we didnt sign him. i got a good feeling mon will bring in very good unexpected players

Ashley Young said "If the contract talks are put forward to me, then of course I will sit down and talk."

That's the first I heard about Young getting a new contract. I thought he only recently signed a 4 year contract.

He's got two years left, we want to be getting a move on!