Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting top known players to come down to vp is not gonna be easy

I would say it's as hard as you make it. Maybe we don't even ask ?

It's wages that are the main problem I suppose but get the right players in and a full extended VP will be full every week thus paying the wages, don't and it won't be full and this gives a nice excuse to why we can't have the signings we need and around and round we go.

Maybe we are leaving it late so we get a shock and awe job with 4 or 5 mega signings but in reality I will be left shaking my head again I fear.

With no news coming out of VP it's hard to stay happy as larry at the moment.

It's wages that are the main problem I suppose but get the right players in and a full extended VP will be full every week thus paying the wages, don't and it won't be full and this gives a nice excuse to why we can't have the signings we need and around and round we go.

Maybe we are leaving it late so we get a shock and awe job with 4 or 5 mega signings but in reality I will be left shaking my head again I fear.

well we averaged about 38k per week at VP last season didnt we, are the extra 4k going to raise enough in wages to play these top players?

well we averaged about 38k per week at VP last season didnt we, are the extra 4k going to raise enough in wages to play these top players?

I see what your getting at but it must make some sort of difference or man utd would have stayed at 40 k in the late 80's. They are at nearly 80 k now. I was thinking more along the lines of 55-60 k with the appropriate players to fill that size stadium. This is the big shame of it all, we get 38k with players like Sidwell and Heskey in the squad !

Quick question over the MON period is the third week of July the latest time we haven't signed our first summer player?

Could well be. I think we signed Downing round about the 14th July last year.

Quick question over the MON period is the third week of July the latest time we haven't signed our first summer player?

We signed Harewood on the 16th July in the first summer

We signed Harewood on the 16th July in the first summer

we signed NRC before that

I see what your getting at but it must make some sort of difference or man utd would have stayed at 40 k in the late 80's. They are at nearly 80 k now. I was thinking more along the lines of 55-60 k with the appropriate players to fill that size stadium. This is the big shame of it all, we get 38k with players like Sidwell and Heskey in the squad !

I think thats the point... we have to now start looking at filling a larger stadium with the expansion work starting & all. Then we could be looking at an extra 10,000 per game which starts to add up... lets say an average spend including Match programme, food, drink & admission must be ... what ... £35? well thats £350,000 per match!.... say a possible 10 cup games including the Europa, FA cup & League cup plus 18 Prem games is 28 x 350,000 ..THATS £9.8 million! So surely that would pay for the purchase & wages (considering it would normally be over a few years so in fact £29.4m) of a couple of pretty decent players?

What will people's opinion be if we don't sign players who didn't go to the world cup until August then MON complains they didn't have a pre-season at Villa?

Keane or Ireland arriving in August for example?

I surprised MON was not tempted to throw 90grand a week at J Cole, considering some of the obscene amounts of money our fringe players get paid for never having to play.

That much is true if MON fancies him as a player. It certainly wouldnt have harmed MON's kudos and would have filled the ground on many occasions. Paying Sidwell £40k a week to sit on the bench is ridiculous and there are others.

What will people's opinion be if we don't sign players who didn't go to the world cup until August then MON complains they didn't have a pre-season at Villa?

Keane or Ireland arriving in August for example?

I'll have a wee chuckle to myself as I do every year and then I'll get on with my life ;)