The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I imagine the motivation in the Champions League is still a lot higher than in the league.

I think Bayern's dominance and their cherrypicking of Dortmund's players is having a huge negative effect on the club.

That doesn't excuse them doing quite as badly as they are. but I can imagine it's quite difficult for them to get motivated for a competition they've already lost.

He's meant to have the same buy out clause as gotze had, so bayern can buy him for £32m next summer, not sure if that's true though

I can't work out if those clauses work or a terrible idea, my understanding is when they get to a year left the clause can be activated, luring bayern in to spending maybe more than the player is worth rather than waiting a year before they go for free

£32m for gotze or £0 for lewandowski a year later, which is better? There's a sense of inevitability about it all regardless and I'm assuming Dortmund like everyone else can't keep replacing their stars with more stars, haven't seen how immobile and Ramos have done this year but I'm guessing not particularly well, I still that when benteke inevitably leaves us Dortmund are genuinely interested

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

In general, what he's done at Dortmund has been outstanding. It just seems like it may have run it's course. I think the fact that Bayern have moved so far ahead in the league has demoralised them to a great extent. That's not to say that he shouldn't go now as the league form is unacceptable and it wouldn't be nice to see it reach the stage of the fans turning on him.

He's meant to have the same buy out clause as gotze had, so bayern can buy him for £32m next summer, not sure if that's true though

I can't work out if those clauses work or a terrible idea, my understanding is when they get to a year left the clause can be activated, luring bayern in to spending maybe more than the player is worth rather than waiting a year before they go for free

£32m for gotze or £0 for lewandowski a year later, which is better? There's a sense of inevitability about it all regardless and I'm assuming Dortmund like everyone else can't keep replacing their stars with more stars, haven't seen how immobile and Ramos have done this year but I'm guessing not particularly well, I still that when benteke inevitably leaves us Dortmund are genuinely interested

Rafa Honegstein was talking about such clauses with particular regards to Reus on Monday's Football Weekly.  He seemed to think that the only way Dortmund got Reus to sign in the first place was because the clause was inserted into his contract so Reus could have an out to Bayern (and guaranteed silverware) should he want it.  I find it odd considering Reus is a Dortmund lad and spent ten years in the Dortmund academy before he found his way to 'Gladbach.   Maybe he is still pissed that Dortmund released him as a teenager or something. 

I know Dortmund are popular on here but why are they constantly praised as some sort of small team fighting the evil giant of Bayern Munich? Dortmund are a massive team in their own right and one of the richest clubs in Europe. Don't they have the highest average attendance in the world? 

They do.  They get 80,000 for every home game, but they sell very cheap tickets and play in an area which has the population of London but only four professional clubs.  Their local rivals Schalke get 60,000 for similar reasons.  Dortmund are probably on a par with Liverpool in terms of resources available, hardly small, but Bayern are up there with Barcelona and Manchester United. Dortmund can't compete with them on a financial level which is why they keep losing their best players. 

no doubt there are plenty of myths about them but the seem like a shining light when everyone else is selling their soul

their story about coming back from financial abyss is great, they have a charismatic manager, they have the yellow wall and great fans (sang six bad games mean nothing compared to 6 great years during last weeks defeat)  they are also riding the wave of german football

they also look after their fans, cheap tickets, they have it in their contract with puma that the shirt prices and training stuff is set (and its cheaper) and cant be increased

i think the main myth about them is that because they are a team of mainly young germans that they are doing it through their own youth system, only sahin and schmelzer in the current team have come through their youth team (not including reus who they released and then paid about £15m for) and then gotze from their league winning team, the flip side of that is obviously that they must scout very well and buy young, sarr, durm and ginter the latest but they dont have a single player in the german U21 or U19 team

then also most probably the reason they have so many admirers, for a couple of years they did play brilliant football, on and off the ball, i know some dont rate klopp but that football, once you're on the slide people question how good you were in the 1st place which is unfair

• Like 3

Is Reus the next one to go to Bayern.

There is no way. Reus has stated multiple times that he will not play for Bayern. He also recently snubbed Lewandowski's handshake when Bayern and Dortmund played, then he refused to even make eye contact with him at the end. 

I doubt Reus would want to go play in rotation with Ribery for the left side spot. I could see Reus leaving Dortmund not for money, but rather to test himself in another league and potentially prove himself as one of the best players in Europe. 

Schmelzer arguably didnt even start at Dortmund, the Reus contract stipulation doesnt seem to make sense to me since he turned down Bayern to go to Dortmund

Dortmund did win 2 titles in fairness but they didnt really have much competition in fairness, 1st season Bayern were all over the place and came 3rd and in 2nd season Bayern had all their eggs in the Champions League basket as final was in their stadium

There is no way. Reus has stated multiple times that he will not play for Bayern. He also recently snubbed Lewandowski's handshake when Bayern and Dortmund played, then he refused to even make eye contact with him at the end.

I saw them in the tunnel at the weekend huggin each other up, having a good old chinwag before kick-off.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

I doubt Reus would want to go play in rotation with Ribery for the left side spot. I could see Reus leaving Dortmund not for money, but rather to test himself in another league and potentially prove himself as one of the best players in Europe. 

bed992b9d8cd209af56fec069037ad93-full.gi

Â