The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

• 3 weeks later...

very good odds I think. Dortmund would have been second favs for the title at the start of the season. At the other end Wolfsburg are having a terrific season and from what I have seen of Kevin De Bruyne he's been as good as anybody in the Bundesliga this season. 

It's scary how far Dortmund have fallen. Hummels has even called the club pathetic. Makes you wonder if there are issues behind the scenes.

Watched the game v Wolfsburg last week and it was just like watching us at times. They took the lead but were all over the shop at the back.

And then there's this weirdness from Reus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30533608

Borussia Dortmund and Germany winger Marco Reus has been fined more than half a million pounds for driving without a licence.

The 25-year-old has been advertising his club's car sponsor and has also appeared in adverts for petrol.

Reus also received speeding tickets on at least five occasions from 2011 before authorities realised he had been driving without a licence.

"The reasons I did it are something I cannot really understand," he said.

Dortmund said they had discussed the matter with the player and spokesman Sascha Fligge said: "He has promised such a thing will not happen again."

Reus, who missed Germany's World Cup triumph in July after picking up an ankle injury in the final warm-up game, has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Premier League but is currently out until the New Year with another ankle injury.

very good odds I think. Dortmund would have been second favs for the title at the start of the season. At the other end Wolfsburg are having a terrific season and from what I have seen of Kevin De Bruyne he's been as good as anybody in the Bundesliga this season. 

Apart from Robben... 
Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

At what point is it accepted that Dortmund won't be flying up the season anytime soon and they could yet be in a relegation battle this season?

Twice in the last month they've won a league and you think that will spark them into life and they'll go on a winning run and it just hasn't happened. Bonkers as their CL form has been really good.

Losing to Bremen is worrying for me as they are terrible and will probably go down themselves.

Kagawa situation is just as weird as the Dortmund situation. He started out really well for them then a few mediocre matches and was dropped. He still get sub minutes, but you'd have to think he is better than some of the options that Klopp has been fielding lately. 

I also believe that there is something going on behind the scenes. Maybe some internal fighting? That is all I can think about. 

It's scary how far Dortmund have fallen. Hummels has even called the club pathetic. Makes you wonder if there are issues behind the scenes.

Watched the game v Wolfsburg last week and it was just like watching us at times. They took the lead but were all over the shop at the back.

And then there's this weirdness from Reus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30533608

Borussia Dortmund and Germany winger Marco Reus has been fined more than half a million pounds for driving without a licence.

The 25-year-old has been advertising his club's car sponsor and has also appeared in adverts for petrol.

Reus also received speeding tickets on at least five occasions from 2011 before authorities realised he had been driving without a licence.

"The reasons I did it are something I cannot really understand," he said.

Dortmund said they had discussed the matter with the player and spokesman Sascha Fligge said: "He has promised such a thing will not happen again."

Reus, who missed Germany's World Cup triumph in July after picking up an ankle injury in the final warm-up game, has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Premier League but is currently out until the New Year with another ankle injury.

Half a million?!

Are fines based on how much you earn? Or would Joe Average have been fined that much too?!

Apart from Robben... 

ok true but we all know Robben is world class and Bayern are in their own league really. 

Good article by Honigstein in the guardian

Media debates have homed in on the most readily-available numbers: the poor goal-scoring return despite creating a wealth of chances, and a series of defensive black-outs by seasoned pros at the other side of the pitch. But blaming the for and against columns as the causes for the malaise is a bit like blaming a fever on a patient’s high temperature. Those numbers are only the symptoms of a much more complex condition.

Klopp’s main attempt to explain the riddle has focussed on the lack of a proper pre-season due to the World Cup and many injuries in the squad. Once the batteries were “full again” in the new year, he promised, “it will be much more difficult to beat us.” In other words, there’s nothing wrong with the footballing idea as such, only with its insufficient implementation.

It’s a typical response from a dogmatic manager. Before the away game at Paderborn, he scalded a local reporter for suggesting that other teams might have “found out” his side and developed strategies for countering Borussia’s high-pressing style. “I’m not looking for a fight, so I will even answer the stupid questions,” he shot back acidly, before going on to claim that Dortmund’s plight was all down to their own failings. “If you say we’ve been ‘found out’, what does that say about the work of opposition coaches for the last few years?”, he added. “Were they unable to see what our game is?”

It gets worse for Dortmund

One Borussia Dortmund fan may have been pretty pleased to receive a club-branded toaster for Christmas this year – until the supporter made the unexpected discovery it made FC Barcelona bread.

The fan in question took to Twitter on Christmas day to tell Dortmund’s official account he was shocked at finding that the toaster produced bread with FCB etched on it – which presumably represents FC Barcelona, or worse for the club’s supporters, rivals Bayern Munich.

One of the fan’s photos showed two pieces of FCB toast made by the appliance while another showed the inside of the toaster, which had the letters carved into the metal.

Oops!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/26/fan-gets-borussia-dortmund-branded-toaster-for-christmas-it-makes-fc-barcelona-toast-4999765/

I've just been reminiscing the Werder title win in 2003/2004. I've said it before, but that season, Ailton was absolutely unbelievable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNEKG5YttM

He was criminally underrated. When he was on his game, he was world class.

• Like 1

I've just been reminiscing the Werder title win in 2003/2004. I've said it before, but that season, Ailton was absolutely unbelievable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNEKG5YttM

He was criminally underrated. When he was on his game, he was world class.

I remember the name. Didn't he get really fat and end up playing for Qatar?

Â