Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 year later...
On 26/02/2017 at 20:28, VillaChris said:

Hands down proved me wrong....

He won't be as good next year though...let's try that one now.

I think he's just got better and better with age to be honest. I thought he was massively overrated about 10-12 years ago and a bit of a donkey.

• Like 2

His fitness and work rate for me are very underrated. for a 35 year old he was harassing Southampton defenders up until 90th minute last weekend and sure he started the winning goal from a clearance he made on his own goalline a minute earlier 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's played far more football than I thought he would, pretty much 95% of their games, thought they'd drop him for the cups 

I think its more they needed him earlier in the season. I remember the game vs Northampton they rested him and had to bring him on. Think they even brought him to Ukraine for a Europa League tie :lol:

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's this bloke got to do to get sent off!

He's thrown one man to the floor and elbowed another one in the face - two red card offences and he hasn't had a booking yet!

I'd probably do more than elbow someone if they had just stamped on my head.

Mings lying about it in the interview too :|

He should have been sent off before that for throwing a player to the ground.

In fairness to Mings, there's a chance it's accidental - it's more of a treading than a stamp for me - there's no doubt about the elbow though.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He should have been sent off before that for throwing a player to the ground.

In fairness to Mings, there's a chance it's accidental - it's more of a treading than a stamp for me - there's no doubt about the elbow though.

Throwing the player to the ground is probably a yellow to be honest.

You've got to be kidding on Mings, though.  He even seems to look at Zlatan and deliberately catch him.  Should be a huge ban for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think both should be looking at three games out.

I've mentioned it in the Bacuna thread, but I don't know how football as a whole can come to the conclusion that deliberately stamping/treading on a players head or elbowing one in the face is worthy of less time out than chest bumping a linesman off balance.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I've mentioned it in the Bacuna thread, but I don't know how football as a whole can come to the conclusion that deliberately stamping/treading on a players head or elbowing one in the face is worthy of less time out than chest bumping a linesman off balance.

I think Mings is looking at longer than a 3 match ban, personally.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Completely this. If either of them get away with less than Bacuna then I just don't get it. Two premeditated attacks which were both borderline assault.

I don't get the argument of if someone trod on my head then I'd deliberately try and smash an elbow into their skull either. Is it just me that finds this defence slightly disturbing. 

I've seen far worse elbows than the one Zlatan did....it was sneaky rather than malicious.

I didn't see him pushing the Bournemouth player...will have to see that on MOTD.

I think Mings could've avoided Zlatan tbh....being kicked in the head really hurts obviously so could understand why he seeked vengeance.

Â