Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if United keep an offer on the table for him knowing the risks.

Would not be surprised if Mourinho would like to have him around the team while he does his rehab.

I know there is a misconception that Zlatan is an arrogant a hole.

But usually once he has established his place in the hierarchy at a club (at the very top) his teammates and especially the younger players tend to adore him.

Van der Vaart, Messi & Cavani obvious exceptions.

If ever Mourinho wanted to sign Marco Verratti just tell him he gets to reunite with Zlatan and he'll sign on the spot.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I wonder if United keep an offer on the table for him knowing the risks.

If they do give him an offer it will be altered based on his injury. There's no chance any club will pay him a wage until it's confirmed he is fit to play football again.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Seems odd United haven't given him a new deal out of goodwill. Arsenal done it with Cazorla and we did it with Bouma.

I wouldn't pay someone £350k a week out of goodwill!

• Like 1

He was one of their best players last season and judging by the video he's making some good progress from his injury so I don't think he'll even miss that much of next season.

Otherwise lot of work for United to do. Lost the 20 goals of Ibra, Mourinho dosen't fancy Martial at all, Rooney is off so they need a few new strikers otherwise Rashford gets all the pressure to step up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was one of their best players last season and judging by the video he's making some good progress from his injury so I don't think he'll even miss that much of next season.

Otherwise lot of work for United to do. Lost the 20 goals of Ibra, Mourinho dosen't fancy Martial at all, Rooney is off so they need a few new strikers otherwise Rashford gets all the pressure to step up.

Rooney might be off, there are very few who can afford his wages and even the Chinese are not nailed on with the new regulations. I hope he's stuck there bleeding that club a tiny little bit dry.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took roughly 30 seconds after the Italy game for the 2 big tabloids to post polls about whether or not people would welcome Zlatan back to the national side for the WC.

Papers are nothing if not predictable.

BTW today it's on the day 5 years since this happened.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Took roughly 30 seconds after the Italy game for the 2 big tabloids to post polls about whether or not people would welcome Zlatan back to the national side for the WC.

Papers are nothing if not predictable.

BTW today it's on the day 5 years since this happened.

That 4th goal is one of the most under-appreciated goals of our time IMO. Just incredible skill. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Disgrace if he came back

Nah.

Henrik Larsson did the same thing retiring from the national side and came back, twice.

I'd love to have him back.

Edit: I get why some people would not want him back.

But you have to be realistic. Our current striker options have done a great job in the qualifiers, but.

Marcus Berg is playing in the UAE.

Toivonen is stuck on the bench in Toulouse.

Guidetti stuck on the bench in Celta Vigo.

Kiese-Thelin is out on loan from Anderlecht to Beveren in Belgium...

Zlatan is one of the greats of his generation and unlike what many think he is very much a responsible team player even thou his body language doesn't always look like it.

It would however totally change the group dynamics in the squad and that is always a risk.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â