Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Because he chose a career of playing for 78 different clubs, he will not be remembered as a great one.

But he should be up there with Cristiano in my opinion, just above Lewandowskis and Benzemas. 

Amazing player. 

I am not one for the big ego's, but he's always backed it up. 

Agree 100% on this.  As he got older he started to become one of my favourite characters.  Really doesn't care what people think, knows how good he is/was.  Always made me chuckle. 

I was fortunate to see him play for Sweden in Stockholm in a world cup qualifier against Portugal.  Sweden lost 3-2 and Ronaldo scored a couple - but he was on a different planet to every other player on the pitch that day.  I always knew he was an exceptional player, but until that day I didn't realize just how good he was....

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Football has retired from Zlatan

Please stop it. 

The only online joke worse than Pessi and Penaldo. So unoriginal

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

One of the most spectacular players to play.  He had a unique style no other player has really matched.  

For his size, he wasn't great in the air, he was great with his feet.  He had the balance and center of balance of a guy who's 5ft 7, not 6ft 5. 

He had amazing strength and power, his agility and flexibility is second to none and he could win a match on his own.  

He's not quite in the absolute elite players, but he's amazingly close.  I think whilst his personality is a strength, it also stopped him being the best (falling out at Barca).  He was never happy playing second fiddle to anyone, even Messi, such was his own self-backing.. And that's not to be laughed at. 

His highlight reel is an absolute joy to watch, from when he was 18, to 40.. which is absolutely astonishing.  He came back from injuries other players haven't and still performed.  He helped win a title at 40 and I'm certain Milan wouldn't have won it without his influence in the changing room - he galvanised that young squad, and pushed Giroud to play well most games. 

It's a shame he never won the CL because players far, far beneath his ability have won it more than once. 

• Like 1

Great player in his day but imho a massive word removed when it comes to ego, especially the last few years. 

Should've retired 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Please stop it. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Great player in his day but imho a massive word removed when it comes to ego, especially the last few years. 

This season was obviously a N/A on the pitch but in the 4 seasons before that, even plagued by injuries he managed almost 90 goals and 25-ish assist in about 140 games. That's not bad for a guy pushing 40.

Granted 2 of those seasons was in the MLS but I fully get why he wanted to prove to himself he could get back from the knee injury he got at Manure.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sne said:

This season was obviously a N/A on the pitch but in the 4 seasons before that, even plagued by injuries he managed almost 90 goals and 25-ish assist in about 140 games. That's not bad for a guy pushing 40.

Granted 2 of those seasons was in the MLS but I fully get why he wanted to prove to himself he could get back from the knee injury he got at Manure.

Oh fair dues to the geezer, an obvious fitness fanatic and great at what he did but I don't think Sweden needed him back out of retirement like he believed they did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Oh fair dues to the geezer, an obvious fitness fanatic and great at what he did but I don't think Sweden needed him back out of retirement like he believed they did.

Yeah me neither. His international career should have been over the last time he retired 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, will87 said:

Remember when Mings tried to stomp his ponytail off?

Didn't he elbow Mings too? Was that before or after this stomp?

Mings definitely has the nasty streak in him on the pitch when it's warranted. Thankfully he seems to have control of it lately (or maybe we're not putting him in a position where he feels it's needed).

As for Zlatan, he had the ability to back up his ego. The game will be worse off for him not being in it.

And Tyrone's rep took a hit from the whole Zlatan duel and one of the reasons people don't like him now.

'Mings is dirty' etc  yeh not at all instigated by Zlatan at all clearly didn't like a young upstart challenging his mighty ego. 

My favorite Zlatan period was when at Ajax. The flair, the dribbling and just pure joyfulness.

Capello destroyed that player and converted him into that classic number 9.

Ibra has been a delight to watch.

Extremely talented footballer but also his ego added to it all, because as many have said, he backed it up on the pitch. 

I read his book a few years back and it had me laughing, some of the stuff he comes out with us comedy gold. 

Hard to see where another Ibra emerges from, many footballers nowadays are copy 'n' paste with little personality. 

51 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Hard to see where another Ibra emerges from, many footballers nowadays are copy 'n' paste with little personality. 

Haalands interviews are hilarious.

On 05/06/2023 at 18:31, mottaloo said:

Scored 34 goals in 64 games in his last 3 seasons at Milan, hardly on the scrap heap was he?

Â