Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not convinced it was intentional.

Might have been, but I don't think it's as obvious as some people are making out.

FA have come to the conclusion it was deliberate now, so either way - on that basis why does that only warrant 5 games and Bacuna 6?

Edited by a m ole

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

why does that only warrant 5 games and Bacuna 6?

Asa general thing, incidents where officials are insulted/attacked/confronted are dealt with more severely than if another player is insulted/attacked/confronted. And rightly so.

why only 5 v 6 is comparing apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Asa general thing, incidents where officials are insulted/attacked/confronted are dealt with more severely than if another player is insulted/attacked/confronted. And rightly so.

why only 5 v 6 is comparing apples and oranges.

I get that, I really do. A chest bump to a lino should get more than a chest bump to a player, like a sending off instead of a warning. In the same, I'd expect a player to be banned for life if he intentionally stepped on the head of a linesman instead of say, 10 games?

How long did Suarez get for his bite? The potential for serious injury in what Mings did is higher, if less shocking.

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

FA have come to the conclusion it was deliberate now, so either way - on that basis why does that only warrant 5 games and Bacuna 6?

Because Bacuna's was against an official.

Like it or not, that makes it worse. It's the same in pretty much every sport.

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because Bacuna's was against an official.

Like it or not, that makes it worse. It's the same in pretty much every sport.

yeah I know, as I said above if the action was the same I totally get that. Officials need to be protected. That's why Bacuna was sent off and deserved to be, where if it was a player it would have been a talking to.

• Like 1

I'm in the maybe not intentional camp. He's not looking at the Zlatan's head and he's off balance. In slow motion it looks very different to real time and I can't find enough clips of it in real time than in slow motion. In slow motion it looks intentional, and you agree with Jamie Carragher, if he has made contact with Zlatan's head then why isn't he immediately apologetic and wondering if he's OK. In real time though, the play is continuing near him, it's close to his own box and he's putting defending ahead of checking of Zlatan is OK. Also in real time, it's not much a of a stamp. It's a grazing, he seems to lightly graze the top of Zlatan's head and then come down on his ponytail. Zlatan isn't hurt and that's why he reacts as he does. Mings knows that that sort of a grazing is unlikely to hurt Zlatan as well and that's another reason he carries on. 

I don't think it's a stamp. If Zlatan had his head stamped on, I don't think he would be up so quickly. He felt the grazing of Mings' boot on his head and went looking for the ref to do something about it. His concern was not, 'oh dear my head has been stamped on', which, as it looks in slow motion, should be his reaction. It's not a stamp. If he intentionally went to tap Zlatan's head as he went past, then that's a different issue, but I don't know if it's likely and certainly didn't go about it in a way that would do serious injury to Zlatan, or even in a way that would hurt him.

I'm in the not intentional, not a stamp - no ban appropriate

I'd like to see a more extended clip than seems to be available and see what Mings reaction was after the contact, that would in my view be the best way of telling if it was intentional or not.

On what I've seen, to me it looks intentional.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The bastion of truth that is Fox News (or at least the Mexican branch of Fox Sports) is claiming that Zlatan has signed for L.A Galaxy.

C8igqM8UMAEtePV.jpg

The picture is a 99.9% a photoshop and they are the only ones reporting it.

But I can't see Fox using #fakenews , not them...:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Put some myths to bed, certainly good enough, still surprised at just how much football he's played, I will however throw another myth in, scored some brilliant tap ins for Utd in the games that I've seen, not seen many great goals from him but some good positioning and instinctive proper striker finishing

was watching Thursday, there was a bit in the game where he had the ball on the edge of the box, rashford made a run, he dunked the ball through to him, rashford went near post and hit the side netting, the quality of the ball from zlatan was incredible, I'm talking 10 players in the world type quality, perfect height on the dink, weight and spin, it was a thing of beauty and he made it look like he was down the park pissing about

Edited by villa4europe

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

was watching Thursday, there was a bit in the game where he had the ball on the edge of the box, rashford made a run, he dunked the ball through to him, rashford went near post and hit the side netting, the quality of the ball from zlatan was incredible, I'm talking 10 players in the world type quality, perfect height on the dink, weight and spin, it was a thing of beauty and he made it look like he was down the park pissing about

I said it when he signed that United would use him better playing the No.10 and his passing and brain would thrive with the pace of Rashford and Martial

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sad for him and English football but I think he is marketable enough to get offered a contract somewhere like USA or China

cruciate injury at 35 though, it will take a year before he can play again. I think he'd rather go out on a relative high than come back from an injury in a crap league.

Not a great injury for a player of any age but at 35, it's a potential career-ender. 

He's answered his critics as to whether he would be successful in the premier league though. 

Just gutted he didn't sign another huge contract with manure before getting injured ;) 

This is Zlatan we're talking about, he'll be back.

The man is an absolute beast.  He looks after himself and he won't want to retire with a whimper.  He'll just see this as another obstacle to overcome.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

Â