Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I wouldn't say Ronaldo is lazy (although he has his moments).  Other than that, yes.

Sorry for going OT but I love the fact that last weekend Ronaldo knocks in a hat-trick and its Messi who grabs the headlines with 4 :lol: Ronnie must f**king hate him.

its OT but it **** annoys me that its the media who keeps coming out with this rubbish that Ronaldo hates Messi. He has never said a bad word about the guy and nobody actually knows his feelings towards him

Sorry for going OT but I love the fact that last weekend Ronaldo knocks in a hat-trick and its Messi who grabs the headlines with 4 :lol: Ronnie must f**king hate him.

I said similar in the Spanish football thread.  It is irritating that Ronaldo is so often not appreciated for the unbelievable player that he is and instead constantly compared to Messi.  However, it was still hilarious that, yet again, Messi took away his headlines on Sunday - and imagining Ronaldo's response makes it even better.

Of course, the media blows things out of proportion, but I'd be very surprised if Ronaldo didn't curse Leo's existence.

Competition between them will exist naturally, but it will only spur them both on even more.  We (or anyone who watches Real Madrid or Barça play football) are very lucky to see the benefits of this on the pitch.

To be honest, I don't think even the media fuel the flames that Ronaldo hates Messi.

The media talks about their rivalry, which certainly exists (as it would for any two players who are continuously chasing the golden boot against each other)

But I think it's fans more than the media who fabricate the ROnaldo hates Messi thing.

• Like 1

its OT but it **** annoys me that its the media who keeps coming out with this rubbish that Ronaldo hates Messi. He has never said a bad word about the guy and nobody actually knows his feelings towards him

In my experience of these situations, where you have two of the Greatest of All Time in their sport basically being at their peak at the same time, generally there's a cordial relationship exists. Probably not BFFs, and each wants to beat the other (because that's what athletes do), but rarely anything approaching enmity.

I voted on the poll and I'm shocked to see most think he wouldn't cut it in England. One thing England is known for is being a physical league and I've never seen a more physically gifted striker than this man. The way he can bully massive centre halves with seemingly no effort is hilarious.

my point was that the overreaction from the media who now "rate" him like Jamie Redknapp, people that never noticed him except he scored vs England.

e.g if he got a hat-trick vs France or Portugal he wouldnt be finally getting praise from english media

To be fair, he's been there and done it in Italy and Spain.  He could've been very successful in England (or Germany) but got offered a shitload of money to play for PSG, who will consistently play in the Champions League and strengthen their squad so he's playing alongside other very talented players.

On David Beckham's arrival at PSG:

"Now we're not only good but we're handsome too"

And on hearing DBeck is donating his salary to charity:

"I heard Beckham's decision and it made me think, who is most deserving of all the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have twenty goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. Ad so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation"

How can you not love him?

• Like 3

Â