• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes you think where all this so called "Distraction tactics" are emanating from trying to disrupt our squad Man city are scared and rightfully so if we can beat blues and hull i seriously think we will destroy man city at their place.

i wouldnt put it past Gary Cook the bloke is a complete and utter tosser

makes you think where all this so called "Distraction tactics" are emanating from trying to disrupt our squad Man city are scared and rightfully so if we can beat blues and hull i seriously think we will destroy man city at their place.

Why whould they deny it if they started it to distract us?

I agree that this is distraction from Citeh - today the Mirror are reporting they're after Young now!?!?!

As long as we achieve European football next season, I don't think either Jimmy or Ash will leave (for now!)

Because the damage is already done, the story has already been printed.

Because the damage is already done, the story has already been printed.

But why deny it? Wouldn't they want it to disrupt us more in a week or so when we play them?

It probably just came from the media with an overactive imagination rather than city themselves.

Depending on where we finish at the end of the season, we could see both Young and Milner leavin. If that was the case, would like to see Richards in for our right back spot and Ireland as a creative force in midfield. No to Bellamy as he is injuried too much, but with the sales of Young and young Jimmy, we would have the money for a bid for Berbatov who i think would be a good signing. Boateng would be another good signing, so i don't think losing both Young and Milner would be a disaster.

Some decent players there who would definetly improve our squad but none would actually replace Young and Milner so IMO would put us in a worse position.

Yeah, good point, but we have Albrighton comin through and Downing could play on the left. Thats my thinkin anyway. So a team of..

Freidal

Richards Dunne Cuellar Warnock

Albrighton Boateng(Portsmouth) Ireland Downing

Berbatov Gabby

with Petrov and Big John to come on as first change with also Fonzy and Delph(when fit) behind them would give us good options. Can't see the likes of Coker, Luke Young, Heskey, Beye and Sidwell stayin if they aren't gettin a game, so we'll probably need one or two more signings in the summer as well. I suppose it really depends on if we are playin in Europe next season, which might make a difference to those players stayin or not.

Good players, the ones that can take you to champions league or have played in the champions league, generally want to play in teams who are in the CL or who seriously compete to get there. It is only to be expected that our players will be linked to clubs in that situation

I like Milner.

And if SAF approached Milner and wants to make him a fixture in the United engine room ... I wouldn't begrudge James if he wanted to go to United.

In fact, I think most of us would be happy for him, because Milner could truly be world class there. Playing with the likes of Rooney, Giggs and Scholes week in week out would really improve his overall game - movement, vision, passing. All these things would be further honed with United because of the kind of football they play. Milner would finally be challenged technically there.

Hate to say it but Milner won't improve under us as much as he would with United.

Depending on where we finish at the end of the season, we could see both Young and Milner leavin. If that was the case, would like to see Richards in for our right back spot and Ireland as a creative force in midfield. No to Bellamy as he is injuried too much, but with the sales of Young and young Jimmy, we would have the money for a bid for Berbatov who i think would be a good signing. Boateng would be another good signing, so i don't think losing both Young and Milner would be a disaster.

Some decent players there who would definetly improve our squad but none would actually replace Young and Milner so IMO would put us in a worse position.

Yeah, good point, but we have Albrighton comin through and Downing could play on the left. Thats my thinkin anyway. So a team of..

Freidal

Richards Dunne Cuellar Warnock

Albrighton Boateng(Portsmouth) Ireland Downing

Berbatov Gabby

with Petrov and Big John to come on as first change with also Fonzy and Delph(when fit) behind them would give us good options. Can't see the likes of Coker, Luke Young, Heskey, Beye and Sidwell stayin if they aren't gettin a game, so we'll probably need one or two more signings in the summer as well. I suppose it really depends on if we are playin in Europe next season, which might make a difference to those players stayin or not.

Sorry but there is no F+$%*ng way I want to see Berbatov down Villa Park in place of Young, Milner or even Gabby. He would be taking a big step down (for him) from man Utd and if he can't play like he is arsed for them, how much effort would he put in for us?

Hate to say it but Milner won't improve under us as much as he would with United.

I don't think this is true. What exactly are you basing that on? Do they have better technical and/or tactical coaches at United? Do they have better training programmes? Do they have superior training facilities? Is SAF better than MON at getting the most out of a young English player?

Sure United have a slightly better overall squad than we do and they challenge for honors every year. But to suggest he would improve more there is by no means certain. It is common knowledge that players get better by playing regulary. If it was a case of playing for United versus playing for example for Hull, I'd agree he would probably be better off at United.

But since the difference between our and Uniteds squad isn't that great, I reckon Milner will be fine here and improve just as much as he would at any top club. Besides here he doesn't have to think about being a victim of squad rotation and things like that, although there really isn't any way of knowing for certain what that would do to him. Playing with experienced players like Giggs and Scholes can hardly do an already accomplished player any harm but it isn't either by no means a given that he'll greatly benefit from this. And we too are most likely able to offer him European football next season so even though the CL is tougher and better than the Europa League, the difference is negligible.

I would accept a bid of around £24m for Milner.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player for us, but some of the posters on here make him out to be World Player of the Year!!! I wouldn't say for one minute that he is the easily the best player at the club like some are making out.

If United came in with an offer of say £8m plus Carrick, I would be happy with that as I think he would offer us that creativity through the middle of the park that we currently lack.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player for us, but some of the posters on here make him out to be World Player of the Year!!! I wouldn't say for one minute that he is the easily the best player at the club like some are making out.

If United came in with an offer of say £8m plus Carrick, I would be happy with that as I think he would offer us that creativity through the middle of the park that we currently lack.

Frankly, I think you are prepared to sell us a bit short. We don't have too many assets with which we can screw money out of the CL clubs if that is what Lerner says we need to do. We must surely ask for more than £24m? And Carrick + £8m would leave us distinctly down on the deal in my view.

With the press speculating Fergie will only be around for another season - I can't see them coming in and spending a bucket load on Milner.

I personally think ManUre will aquire players shrewdly this season as money isn't in abundance, their squad is already decent and they'll make around £20m selling Berbatov to use in bringing in players.

I can see ManUre 'saving' some of the coming years transfer funds for Fergie's replacement (Moyes!) to use to build their own team.

With the press speculating Fergie will only be around for another season - I can't see them coming in and spending a bucket load on Milner.

I personally think ManUre will aquire players shrewdly this season as money isn't in abundance, their squad is already decent and they'll make around £20m selling Berbatov to use in bringing in players.

I can see ManUre 'saving' some of the coming years transfer funds for Fergie's replacement (Moyes!) to use to build their own team.

^^ this. They'll spend wisely; but save alot in the process.

Frankly, I think you are prepared to sell us a bit short. We don't have too many assets with which we can screw money out of the CL clubs if that is what Lerner says we need to do. We must surely ask for more than £24m? And Carrick + £8m would leave us distinctly down on the deal in my view.
I understand what you're saying, but I think that we could cause more harm than good by putting a big fee on him. We were asking for £18m for Barry 2 years ago when he was already an England regular, can we really ask for more than £24m for Milner who there are still possible question marks about even being in the world cup squad? (albeit small ones).

As for the Carrick part of my post, I think he would be a terrific player for us, he has an eye for a defence splitting pass that I think Gabby would thrive on. He's gone off the boil a little bit this season, but MON's main strength is man-management and look at how he has revived Richard Dunne's career.

Have you ever seen Michael Carrick play?