• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very hopeful he'll stay. He is a smart lad and I hope he sees what moving to a "Big Club" has done for the likes of Carrick, Sidwell etc.. I think he will know that developing for at least another year at VP will not do him any harm in the long run.

Carrick? Won the premiership 3 times, champions league and the world club cup. Lets hope Milner is using him as one of the examples.

He has the medals and he has earned good money but he hasn't really established himself as a first pick and his England career has gone backwards since he left Spurs. There seems to be a lot of talk about him moving on.

Maybe he is not as good an example as our Sidders but he is a better player, as Milner is, that hasn't really had as good a career as he might have IMO.

I could see James going to Man UTD if they come knocking. Quite frankly, i wouldn't blame him.

I'd be a little gutted if he did go to Man City though, although i don't see it. As others have said, I think he likes knowing he'll be first team regular.

I think the Barry situation was different, he just wanted out of Villa and wanted change. I don't think Milner is quite there yet. There's a lot for him to learn at VP. I hope he stays to learn it!

I think JM is too level headed to up sticks and move to Man City for the money. Yes they have a greater potential, but I do think that as far as Jimmy is concerned it is all about the football. He is in a young, predominantly British, promising side where he is a big player, and IMO he is not fooled by the £ signs of a team like City.

If he has a wonderful world cup I'm 100% certain he'll be off, and it will be totally out of our hands. I just can't see Randy turning down a £ 30m plus bid which is probably what it would take to prize him away. Every player has his price and even if Milner hasn't asked to leave, money talks more than sense in this game now. It feels exactly the same as when David Platt went off to Italia '90, this relatively unknown attacking midfielder who looks set to make a name for himself.

If he ends up at Man Citeh at the end of the summer I won't be that surprised, I reckon they are about to embark on a spending spree of biblical proportions anyway so he'll only end up there or at the other Manc club, probably as Scholes's long term replacement.

It will be interesting if he sticks to his principles as he seems a fairly level-headed guy. It would be a shame but not a shock in the current state of the game.

Hopefully everything we get for him could be used to strengthen the team.

How about the "I'll wait and see who the manager brings in this summer" stance?

Martin needs to demonstrate true ambition or James (and others) may wonder if he's doing the right thing by staying.

He didn't manage it in Gareth's case, obviously.

Richard (£8m), Ireland (£10m-£12m) and £10m to make the overall value ~£30m. How would people feel about that?

Richard (£8m), Ireland (£10m-£12m) and £10m to make the overall value ~£30m. How would people feel about that?

I asked the question Brian, because for the right players, with little money available, allegedly, we might have to chop and swap. Mancini will want his own players around him and will be open to offers. Milner for Ireland, Richards and one other, could be a very good deal for Villa.

Richards (£8m), Ireland (£10m-£12m) and £10m to make the overall value ~£30m. How would people feel about that?

Dont want Milner to leave Villa but if he wanted to go and that deal was on the table I would be happy with it

I'm not worried about City, it's United I'm worried about.

Carrick and Berbatov in return?

No thanks, good players, but both past their best IMO.

Would rather have players on the up, rather than the way down.