• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that I am concerned that we may again lose one of our very best players as we did last summer. If it has to happen (and I would 110% prefer it did not) then we should put the sort of inflated price that Everton put on Lescott to make it clear that we are not willing sellers.

As much as I'd love to keep him and think he's vital to our team... every player has their price. There will be an amount of money that's more use to us than James Milner is, I'm not sure what it is, but there will be a sum that is.

Manchester City nip in quick for £24m Aston Villa star James Milner as Chelsea express interest

Manchester City will give the first sign in the next 48 hours of their summer transfer spending power with an offer for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner, thought to be £24million.

Mindful of Fabio Capello's rule that England players must not negotiate transfers during World Cup duty, City have moved quickly.

They expect Chelsea to compete for Milner and want to declare their interest first. Villa are expecting Chelsea to match City's offer this week.

Sources close to the player believe Villa will demand closer to £30m to even consider selling Milner, 24, which would make him one of the most expensive signings in English football history.

The England midfielder has had an excellent season with Aston Villa, but City believe Randy Lerner is ready to cash in on the former Leeds and Newcastle star. Lerner has told manager Martin O'Neill he must sell before he can buy.

O'Neill is likely to resist the transfer, but it would enable him to add to his squad this summer. Selling the popular Milner for £24m would represent a 100 per cent profit for Villa, who signed him from Newcastle for £12m in 2008.

Milner, who has represented England at under 16. under 17, under 19, under 20 and under 21 level, as well as senior level, has been destined for great things since bursting on to the scene as a 16-year-old at Leeds.

Milner last night found himself embroiled in disrupted preparations for next month's World Cup due to the ash cloud flight chaos and the weather at the training camp for Fabio Capello's England squad in the Austrian Alps.

40M plus Ireland and Richards and a blowjob for every villa fan willing and of age from Mancini's wife.

Non negotiable

Come on you lazy "journalists", lets see you print that one.

Spurs seem to have done fine after selling some of their star players. I have no problems selling our stars if we can bring in similar players, but to do that we need to look at players in the continent and that is something MON is not comfortable doing.

Every player has a price and lets say they are willing to bid 30 million, would we or could we say no?

If James wants to go there is a another question, if he leaves us I think it will be for Man Utd.

I really don't want us to sell him at all! If we had to though it should be nothing less than 30 mill plus Ireland, Richards, and one of their many strikers(Maybe Petrov for the wing). Use the 30 mill to buy amidfield destroyer in the ilk of Mascherano and another attacking midfielder or striker. Net spend. 000000000!!! :)

yeh as much as i like the guy he's not worth £25m+ tbh so if we got offered that sort of money we'd have to take it really. we should defo take the everton approach though and screw them for as much as we can, hopefully £30m+ if we can

If I was MON then I'd resist any offers below £30m.

Yes, £25m would be a good lump sum and would be a great return for what we paid. But I do think that Milner has a massive future and will be cemented into the England Team until he's 33/34.

If we got £30m for him then it'd be more than enough to revamp our squad.

I said before im not totally against losing Jimmy, he is a superb player but everyone has their price.

If Man City,Man Utd and Chelsea according to the express and star want him then tell them the price £40 million - if they pay it great and im sure we could replace him easily enough for that money, if not then he stays simples.

Ridiculously lazy journolism.

Lets just pick a club with a lot of money, with a player who is playing well.

Next one to come, when this dies down

Gerrard to Man City

followed by

Fabregas , to Man City

Joe Hart to Chelsea of Arsenal

A few Everton players to Spurs

etc.............

This is just as important as the Barry saga,

Just like Liverpool last time City are just trying to buy up our team's strengths and damage our efforts to get 4th place next season.

No way should we sell him for any price! unless his head gets turned and he asks to go.

he is much more important to us.