• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milners a very good player but we can come out of this well if we play our cards right.

Say MON has a 20m budget in the summer which I think is a fair figure to suggest. If a club like United or City come in for the player then we can ask for a player plus cash deal. In Uniteds case, take Anderson +10m Or city, take Ireland +15m.

Both players are young and you have an immediate replacement. Not only do you have a replacement, you have an extra 10m which takes our budget to 30m. Then MON goes out and buys the no.10 we've been desperate for now for two seasons and a quality right back.

Dont get me wrong tho, I want Milner to stay. Villa will never improve if they keep selling there best players to teams above them. It will send out all the wrong signals if we sell Milner and i for one would question RL and MON for doing so. Especially RL.

UpTheVilla

The story is full of guesses and assumptions (hence why it's only speculation).

1. "Brian Marwood, the club's football administrator. Marwood has long admired Milner's qualities as a footballer and also knows the player well from his previous employment as head of UK operations for Nike, which sponsors the 24-year-old. " Assumption

2. O'Neill's long-term future has become uncertain and it may well be that Milner's next move is dependent on the decision the Villa manager makes on his own position in the summer. Assumption - MON has said several times he is staying.

3. Champions League football would be hard for him to resist Assumption - It assumes City will finish 4th

4. Villa appear to have hit a glass ceiling - Assumption- we are one or two players way from being a very good side

5. Randy Lerner, will tighten rather than loosen the purse strings this summer. Assumption - nothing has been discussed in regards to transfers nor will Randy seek to tighten the purse strings dramatically

6. Sir Alex Ferguson's eye Assumption - nobody knows his transfer targets, United need a striker more than anything

7. Milner has never rocked the boat at Villa and is unlikely to move unless Champions League football were on offer. Assumption - How do they know this?

I'm not worried by this story.

If Lescott was worth £24m to Citeh, Jimmy must be worth £30m+. They are very flat in their central 3 and don't seem to fancy Ireland - the only player they have that breaks the forward line. Same can be said of ManU now Scholes is approaching retirment.

Would be gutted if we sold as he has real potential BUT only if MON can get his head around 4-3-3 or a new manager comes in and adopts this.

transfers nor will Randy seek to tighten the purse strings dramatically

6. Sir Alex Ferguson's eye Assumption - nobody knows his transfer targets, United need a striker more than anything

Agree with all except this. Milner is exactly what United need.

Do MON and bacon face like each other? If United did come in for Milner they would need big money. It's amazing how bad Carrick has gotten, Gibson just likes to shoot and Anderson is pretty much a flop. If we qualify for Europe again, I think we'll have a good chance of keeping him, as he seems happy here.

Wouldn't sell him for any money if he was happy to stay. If he wants to leave then that'll drive his price down. But I wouldn't want him sold for all the money in the city of Manchester stadium. We wouldn't be able to replace him.

who do you think is the player that milner resembles (in footballing terms, not physically) the most?

for me it is scholes. and he is all but ready to retire.

so that is where, if anywhere, i would expect him to be heading this summer.

who do you think is the player that milner resembles (in footballing terms, not physically) the most?

for me it is scholes. and he is all but ready to retire.

so that is where, if anywhere, i would expect him to be heading this summer.

Not quite, he just signed a new contract. Even so, Ferguson loves young quality British players, and Milner is just that, so I'm sure he will make a run at him.

But I think we could squeeze City for more money that United.

Hope he stays though...