• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the obsession with Stephen 'I can't get a game' Ireland?

exactly I'd take Bellend any day.

I think MON would lay down the law pretty early with him and be firm but fair. He is a great motivator and I think as long as Bellend is happy, then he shouldn't be as much off a bell chad.

plus he can act like a nob all he likes if he scores and plays as hard over 90 minutes as he generally does for city.

because Ireland is a top player even if he is a word removed.

I would take straight swap for Tevez only :winkold:

Hes a not a top player is he. Hes a good player. Cant get a game for love nor money at City.

If you want champions league football - youve got to be looking for better players than Stephen Ireland. Like Moustapha Salifou!!!

Man Utd are the main threat and i think they will try and include Carrick in some sort of deal. £25m is a very good price IMO. It makes me laugh how reading this thread some actually Milner is worth more and we are going to get more. As much as i rate Milner and im happy as a pig in shit at his level of performance this season, he is not a world class player.

Man Utd are the main threat and i think they will try and include Carrick in some sort of deal. £25m is a very good price IMO. It makes me laugh how reading this thread some actually Milner is worth more and we are going to get more. As much as i rate Milner and im happy as a pig in shit at his level of performance this season, he is not a world class player.

Hope your wrong about Carrick!!

Hope this isn't true. In my book it would take some really good money to price him away from VP. If it's citeh then we should squeeze every little penny we can get out of them.

General Krulak here:

1. As everyone knows, I do NOT get involved in players. At the same time, I think it is important that NO ONE get carried away with rumors...which is ALL you are reading and hearing. This sort of speculation is going to be grist for any and all mills! The simple fact is that the season is not over, the World Cup will have an impact as it always has on players and movement, etc. etc. We are not a feeder Club for anyone else...so we all need to just relax and enjoy the next 4 games and what happens next season. If we respond to every rumour, the Mail might soon have me going over to the Air Force!! Heaven help me!! (Although I could use a plane right now.)

I can't see Milner going to City. They don't exactly offer the most stability for any young english player who is on the fringes of the england squad and i think Jimmy's feet are firmly on the ground to realise this. Plus i think they're happier attracting the bigger european names, regardless of whether they're past their best e.g. Vieira. Besides, James Milner doesn’t roll off the tongue in Beijing :winkold:

Depending on how Milner does in the WC and next season (where i still think he'll be at VP). If SAF doesn't go for Defour i could see him going to Utd or Chelsea, seen as most of their midfield seem to be approaching 30. Shame to admit, but i think that is the harsh reality.

Certainly unsettling.

MON stories, Lerner stories, Milner stories - not gearing up to be a great summer.

Hope Spurs get 4th ahead of City, as I don't worry about Spurs nicking our players.

Couldn't really begrudge him going to United, I think he'd flourish there, but City are just a horribly arrogant club at the moment.

The way I see it, it's about time for the journo's to go crazy with speculation and they will come up with anything to fill column space. Marwood used to work for Nike, Nike sponsor Milner, ergo City want Milner, nothing more.

Now I quoted this one for a reason, what exactly have City done that is considered arrogant? I like you guys, proper football club and all that but this hatred for us now, and as far as I can tell it's because we have money.

Used to be everyone's second favourite club cause to hate united was to love City but finally we can actually compete and achieve something and there is venomous rage towards us. I can only surmise that it's in part down to jealousy that the obscenely rich Arab sheikh's came knocking on our door instead of yours. Feel free to tell me that you wouldn't want this at our club, I am sure it won't come off as disingenuous...much.

I've been very impressed with Milner's attitude throughout his career, at Newcastle he was basically treated like shi-t, from the comments from Souness "You'll never win anything with eleven James Milner's" to the way they sent him out on loan, wanted to sell him and then dragged him back at the very last minute. But throughout it all he just carried on, did his best + kept his mouth shut. Saw an interview with him this season and he said it would be his first season that he's started and finished the season with the same manager, this seemed to mean quite a lot to him. Man City seem to have similarities to when he was at Newcastle, there will be no stability there, managers will come and go.

I really hope he stays for at least another year, playing a full season in centre midfield I think he will be a revelation, I'd even make him captain.