• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to City would be a bad move for Milner's career as he would most likely spend the next 2-3 seasons on the bench. If he stays with us then he'll get first team football every week. I don't think he is the sort to be lured by cash, but the Champions League would be an attraction to him, or anyone.

They can go **** themselves. As if he would want to go to them anyway.
I mean who wouldn't want to go for at least double your salary, playing with better players and a genuine shot at winning something / qualifying for the champions league. He'd be mad to want to go there rather than stop with us

For me, there's 0% chance Milner would go to City.

He spent all last year saying this would be his first season where he started and ended with the same manager. After 8 years of strife with Leeds and Newcastle, he has finally found a settled club.

There's just no way he'd move to a club like City where in 12 months time there could be a new manager and half a new squad.

Chelsea I could understand from his point of view, I think however he would move to United. Not this year though, I think he sees himself at Villa Park for another year at least.

He's only had one season in central midfield and if he finds himself at United so soon into that part of his career his learning may slow down.

I mean who wouldn't want to go for at least double your salary, playing with better players and a genuine shot at winning something / qualifying for the champions league. He'd be mad to want to go there rather than stop with us

Barry had greater ties to the club than Milner, and he found the above to good to refuse.

If city bid the £25m that has been suggested, it would be difficult for both AVFC and Milner to refuse. IMO

He spent all last year saying this would be his first season where he started and ended with the same manager. After 8 years of strife with Leeds and Newcastle, he has finally found a settled club.

There's just no way he'd move to a club like City where in 12 months time there could be a new manager and half a new squad.

Chelsea I could understand from his point of view, I think however he would move to United. Not this year though, I think he sees himself at Villa Park for another year at least.

He's only had one season in central midfield and if he finds himself at United so soon into that part of his career his learning may slow down.

I agree if he goes anywhere it will be to Old Trafford and I reckon it will be next summer.

Same happened last year with Ashley Young, and I'm sure it will happen next year if we have a player that's wins young player of the year award.

Personally, I dont think he will go, not to Man City anyway. As they just buy players, and have no plan for what they want to do with them. I think it's it's Man U, then he woud go, because they will only buy a player they really want.

On the plus side, if he does go, at least with Man City interested it will push the price up.

I'm in agreement here. Like others have said i think if Milner was to leave it would be to a club with a professional setup and a stable back room staff. I could see him ending up at United, possibly Chelsea or if they had the money Arsenal if Villa don't win anything or qualify for the Champions League next season but i don't think the money will tempt him to City. I really think Milner will still be a Villa player come the start of the season.

If Milner wants to continue to develop as a footballer then there is no better place than at Villa at the moment. Why would he disrupt himself and risk not playing as regularly somewhere else. I think it would be within his interests (football wise, perhaps not financially) to spend at least 2 more years at Villa Park.

I'm very hopeful he'll stay. He is a smart lad and I hope he sees what moving to a "Big Club" has done for the likes of Carrick, Sidwell etc.. I think he will know that developing for at least another year at VP will not do him any harm in the long run.

He's only had one season in central midfield and if he finds himself at United so soon into that part of his career his learning may slow down

Joey, he hasn't even had that long... wasn't it November when Downing came into the side?

I'm very hopeful he'll stay. He is a smart lad and I hope he sees what moving to a "Big Club" has done for the likes of Carrick, Sidwell etc.. I think he will know that developing for at least another year at VP will not do him any harm in the long run.

Carrick? Won the premiership 3 times, champions league and the world club cup. Lets hope Milner is using him as one of the examples.

Carrick? Won the premiership 3 times, champions league and the world club cup. Lets hope Milner is using him as one of the examples.

I hope he isn't..

You are correct there Rich, when it's down in black and white there is no reason on earth why he would stay or want to. If he has a good WC he will be the hot transfer that the press alone will try and push through, look at them now and the window is shut.

Mr D. Yorke esq, what a nightmare he had. All that pesky round metal things on ribbons and stuff.

It's simple, in the Prem you either feed of other clubs like manure or you feed them like the Villa. Until this is changed we will always be in this position, that's just the way it is.