• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he pushes for a transfer I wouldn't be able to forgive him. He has been looking for regular football at a stable yet ambitious club all his career and now he has found one he should acknowledge what it is and settle here for a large chunk of his career. We are a good side with a good manager and there is every chance that we could get better.

Barry is forgiven in my eyes, he could have gone on to become a huge legend here but he fancied a change in scenery and a whopper pay cheque, he did spend 12 years here so he is entitled to want to it. Milner though has only been here 2 years and it would be unforgivable for him to push a transfer to City through.

That is all hypothetical, I personally think he will stay and I love him to bits!

Certainly unsettling.

MON stories, Lerner stories, Milner stories - not gearing up to be a great summer.

Hope Spurs get 4th ahead of City, as I don't worry about Spurs nicking our players.

Couldn't really begrudge him going to United, I think he'd flourish there, but City are just a horribly arrogant club at the moment.

The way I see it, it's about time for the journo's to go crazy with speculation and they will come up with anything to fill column space. Marwood used to work for Nike, Nike sponsor Milner, ergo City want Milner, nothing more.

Now I quoted this one for a reason, what exactly have City done that is considered arrogant? I like you guys, proper football club and all that but this hatred for us now, and as far as I can tell it's because we have money.

Used to be everyone's second favourite club cause to hate united was to love City but finally we can actually compete and achieve something and there is venomous rage towards us. I can only surmise that it's in part down to jealousy that the obscenely rich Arab sheikh's came knocking on our door instead of yours. Feel free to tell me that you wouldn't want this at our club, I am sure it won't come off as disingenuous...much.

Arrogant? Maybe because of this:

City have got this on the gossip section on their official website? Could be of no significance but still..headline of "Another summer raid on Villa"? Kinda taking the piss.

Looks like you think we're a f*'king feeder club for you.

Before the arabs you were just a nothing club. Nobody really cared about you AFAIC. Now you're one of those clubs who pays over the odds for every player giving them ridiculous wages so they won't bother to be on the bench and then call yourselves a "big club". No, you're a mega rich club but money doesn't make you instantly a big club. And then stories like this. Unsettling players. Arrogant? Hell yeah.*

*Disclaimer: You haven't said anything of this that I've read, just the vibes that comes out of your club.

Would I want all that? More than I wanted Ellis, but I wanted my neighbours dogs to run Villa rather than him. I'm fine with how things are dealt with outside the pitch at VP these days.

Glad to see the Generals post. It calms me down. Thanks for that, General. :thumb:

If he has a good world cup I think you'd be looking at 60M from citeh and 35-40m from Manure

A tad OTT there Rich!

A tad OTT, but I kind of agree with him I would certainly want 30-35 million for Milner. You are looking at one of the best young centre mids out there who is only going to get better. Let's face it, how much would Arsenal want for Fabregas?

Players inevitably move on and as disappointing as it is when they're your stars, virtually every big club will rely on some profitable player trading.

I cant say i'd be happy with £24 million though. He's emerging as one of Englands best central midfielders. Given another season there i think he will be closer to the 50million mark that Gerrard and Lampard have both held when a bit younger.

In the summer, Milner and Carew out, Paul Scharner and kevin doyle in

Lovely :-)

Oh my Lord.

I think it was a joke young'un :winkold:

I thought so mon but I rate Kevin Doyle... :twisted:

Milner is a true quality player that are very hard to find these days that work there bollox off on the pitch week in week out and play for the club.

Milner does not strike me as the type of player who dives for the big bucks and to be rotated and out of posistion frequently and halt his progression as a player. (but i could be proved wrong)

I think he seems quite happy with us to continue to progress as a real quality star the way he has and help us progress where we aim to be.

I hope for one he remains with us and even if 80m(minimum) & mega tonne wages was bid for him, i would hope we and milner would still politely refuse it and continue progression here.

In the summer, Milner and Carew out, Paul Scharner and kevin doyle in

Lovely :-)

Oh my Lord.

I think it was a joke young'un :winkold:

I thought so mon but I rate Kevin Doyle... :twisted:

We also all believed it was a joke when we were linked with Heskey and Harewood :winkold:

Some of the posts from the Blue Moon forum;

"Don't know what the fuss is about, he looks very average to me."

"Hope not. He isn't that good."

Then on the other side of the coin;

"Would love to see Milner at City think he is a top player who will only get better, would be interesting to see how much Villa would want for him."

"He's a superb player."

And the post that pissed me off;

"Milner ?, how **** exciting, hes **** garbage, if this is what BM is looking at we will still be in the dark ages 5 yeats from now. **** ME MILNER, YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP."

Sounds a lot like VillaTalk :lol:

We are not a feeder Club for anyone else

Thanks for confirming that General. I had been concerned that Martin's reference to players being worth double what we had paid for them might be read by the likes of the two Manchester clubs as our putting that price tag on the likes of Milner and Young who we should not entertain the thought of letting go if we are looking to make top 4 any time soon. £24m would be a bargain for Milner and I would expect most clubs to be interested at that sort of price. But, for a deal to happen both the club and player must be willing for it to take place and I trust that does not apply. I like the idea of looking at Ireland but any deal should not include Milner we should follow the example of Liverpool with Gerrard when other clubs sniffed around him.