The VT Baby club

kimmie

52 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Congratulations to all the new mums and dads. We just got home on Wednesday with our little boy Joe. He was born 30.03 and was 9 and a half lb’s! 

I’m pretty tired, but hopefully it gets easier?

Nope.  :lol:

Congrats, though! 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Congratulations to all the new mums and dads. We just got home on Wednesday with our little boy Joe. He was born 30.03 and was 9 and a half lb’s! 

I’m pretty tired, but hopefully it gets easier?

My daughter is now 5 months old and sleeping has become ever so slightly better.  That said, she was born 6lbs 7oz and apparently heavier babies sleep better.

Maybe you'll be in luck.  Maybe...

As soon as you think you have the sleeping worked out, they decide to change their naps to keep you on your toes. That’s when they’re a bit older though.

It doesn’t get easier, but I don’t think it becomes particularly harder either. The problems change, what is an issue when they’re 6 months old will have become a distant memory by the time they’re 12 months old because you’ll be battling a new challenge.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So, sometime in July, upon ejaculation from the extremely prolonged thrusting of my penis, into my (probably bored at this point) wife's vagina, it would seem one of my spermatozoa managed to wriggle it's way up the treacherous wenches acidic lined cervix, into the spongy and inviting area of her uterus, finding its way to it's partner in crime egg and then my sperm wriggling the shit into that.  Then through the miracle of cell division, it's somehow turned into a lime sized humanoid, but not one I'd like to meet for at least 6 more months.  

That's right folks, I AM PREGNANT.  Lapal_fan part 3 comin sometime late April 2019. 

ren and stimpy nickelodeon GIF

Hehehe.. Ren has boobies. hehe. 

Oh god, you procreated.. again

• Haha 2

@lapal_fan @TheAuthority @VillaEire

Congratulations guys! Very exciting.

My son is 7 months old now (next week), and all is good.

@TheAuthority it’s totally normal to be nervous mate, you wouldn’t be human if you weren’t. But it will all be totally fine, you’re built for this and so is your partner. You’ll do brilliantly. Trust your gut and you’ll nail it.

It’s the best thing I’ve ever done, and is a total joy. Even if it feels hard to start with just go with it, you’ll be a great dad I’m sure.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've read some incredibly shocking things in my life, but this thread has just made me realise that @lapal_fan has actually done sex with a lady. What's more, on more than one occasion!

To be honest, nothing else is ever going to compare.

Rohypnol is very effective.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

@lapal_fan @TheAuthority @VillaEire

Congratulations guys! Very exciting.

My son is 7 months old now (next week), and all is good.

@TheAuthority it’s totally normal to be nervous mate, you wouldn’t be human if you weren’t. But it will all be totally fine, you’re built for this and so is your partner. You’ll do brilliantly. Trust your gut and you’ll nail it.

It’s the best thing I’ve ever done, and is a total joy. Even if it feels hard to start with just go with it, you’ll be a great dad I’m sure.

Haha, it's all fun and games when they are 7 months.  

It's when they hit 3, learn what "no" means, climb out of bed, call your name 30 times at 4 in the morning, don't listen to anything you say, run around after they've had a shit and tread in their dirts, complain that you got the wrong pyjamas, complain they don't want that dinner you made them, never sit still when they are out, complain that you put the wrong peppa pig on Netflix, so you spend 5 mins arguing that "THIS IS THE **** SANTA ONE YOU word removed!!!!!", never want to brush their teeth, moan at whatever radio station you happen to have on in the car, moan when you are driving and can't put a song that is on YouTube immediately, ask mental questions about EVERYTHING and change their mind when you be just finished building an amazing train track only to decide he wants to play with something else... if you're ok with that load of bollocks then yeah, you're probably ready.

(It is awesome though, watching them grow at an alarming rate, remembering things you tell them, thinking "Lol he'll never remember that").

Good luck duck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s when they start crawling/walking that the game changes. Well, it was for me anyway.

Based on my own offspring (so yours may be completely different) -

For the first six or so months, don’t wear any clothes that you aren’t prepared to get sick or spittle on it.

Don’t worry about soft cuddly toys until they’re around two years old. For the first eighteen months they’re more interested in cheap, noisy plastic toys.

Take a small towel with you when you go to the park. It’ll save you having to change their clothes once they’ve gone down that soaking wet slide.

When taking your kid for a walk with a view to get them asleep in the pram, you’ll become surprisingly annoyed when there aren’t any dropped kerbs, meaning the gentle sleepy ride is bumpier than you want. 

When combined, school holidays, wet weather and soft play centres are a special kind of hell. Side note - ball pits at soft play centres are nowhere near as much fun as they look. 

Generally, it’s somehow both easier and harder than you think it will be. But you’ll love it. Rebecca from CBeebies helps a lot.

CD9D394D-884D-44D3-8F13-A36782067936.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations to the VT soon-to-be new or repeat dads!  Apparently, reading and posting on Villa Talk has made you all look so sexy that your women couldn't resist you!

My two biggest bits of advice to the first-timers:

1.  The first couple of months are the hardest.  Once they're able to recognize you and smile at you, all the sleeplessness, spit up and diaper changes somehow are a lot easier to take!

2.   The best advice we ever got was to establish a bedtime ritual, run through it consistently at the same time each night, and stick with it even if the baby doesn't show any interest in sleeping at first.  We would sit in the rocker and read a book, then turn off the lights and rock with them a few minutes and then put them in the crib.  We started at about 2 months the first time and decided on 8PM.  We were advised to stay by the baby and pat them gently and talk to them when they invariably started screaming after being placed in the crib when they had not desire to go to sleep.  The first few nights were brutal, and we would trade 10-minute shifts of staying with the screaming baby and patting him while he screamed, and it might go on for an hour or more.  But, magically, after a week he had become accustomed to the ritual and would go to sleep quickly or at least not cry when placed in the crib and left alone.  It's incredible how much easier it is when you've got something resembling a schedule.  You can plan who gets to nap when and who gets up to feed and change the baby.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The best advice we ever got was....

Id like to add one.

Always keep a united front!!!!! If one parent says/allows something the other doesn't agree with, take a deep breath and shut up, discuss it later in another room for future rules/solutions. Never argue/discuss it in front of the child. If you do they'll pick up on it and starts testing you one by one until it gets what it wants.

I call it "can I have a ice-cream" rule

• Like 4

Â