The VT Baby club

kimmie

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

If there are any other pregnant parents to be out there, I recommend something recommended to us called "hypnobirthing".

If anyone is interested, let me know.

many many congrats!

people without the kit and conviction to make kids are just rubbish, aren't they!

re: hypnobirthing, a bit late for us unfortunately, but may have helped on our first when my missus ripped the gas n air tube out of the wall showering everyone with plaster and when she realised it had stopped working, threw it and shouted '**** you all'.

other than that, yes, it was a great day

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

re: hypnobirthing, a bit late for us unfortunately, but may have helped on our first when my missus ripped the gas n air tube out of the wall showering everyone with plaster and when she realised it had stopped working, threw it and shouted '**** you all'.

Never cross a woman in labour. When we were having our first, Mrs M complained about what hard work it was, to which the midwife smiled patronisingly and said "That's why it's called 'labour', dearie". Response? "If it was called 'Conservative' I WOULDN'T **** ING DO IT!!!" 

That shut her up sharpish, I can tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Baby Lapalfan the second was born Wednesday night at 21.52.

Weighing a whopping 9lbs 9oz!

Everyone is all good.  Wife was amazing.

If there are any other pregnant parents to be out there, I recommend something recommended to us called "hypnobirthing".

Sounds very hippy dippy, and some of it is, but it gives you the science of in labour, if you're panicked then your body releases adrenaline, which is completely counter productive when in labour as it tightens muscles up, supplying blood to arms and legs.  We're after oxytocin which relaxes muscles, obviously something you want when contractions occur as it can speed things up.

The results for us were night and day from my first boys birth, this one was almost enjoyable and gave us both a purpose, rather than me standing like a spare prick in the corner like I did for the first.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

My pal and his wife had planned to do that for their first. Had however many classes across the last few months, they were loving it and looking forward to it all. Baby came 5 weeks early and she had her at home in the middle of the night. Little madam already calling the shots.

My daughter was really quick with potty training. Done and dry overnight a little after 2 years old. My grandson I feared would never get it, but at the end of his first dry week and just curled one out stinking up my motorhome, but really pleased, understand there will be accidents along the way but seems to be there now. 

The moral is online they might say it will happen at certain points but a little under 3 for one and a little over 2 for another. There aren't any rules. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back at work today after my 2 weeks paternity (I can hear the snickering of the Scandinavians!) - It's been a really enjoyable time.  My wife and Jack (Baby's name) have both taken really well to breast feeding, something my first didn't unfortunately.  We've been kinda lucky with midwife and healthcare worker visits, so we've managed to go to the Safari Park, Stourport and a couple of other bits and pieces.  

He's sleeping from 1am to 7am too, which is letting us get as much rest as we need.  

It's now half 10 and a lot has happened contractually to my site, meaning my job role is becoming more defined (see - shit loads more work).  And I'm already stressed out! 

• Like 4

On 20/05/2019 at 10:38, lapal_fan said:

Back at work today after my 2 weeks paternity (I can hear the snickering of the Scandinavians!) - It's been a really enjoyable time.  My wife and Jack (Baby's name) have both taken really well to breast feeding, something my first didn't unfortunately.  We've been kinda lucky with midwife and healthcare worker visits, so we've managed to go to the Safari Park, Stourport and a couple of other bits and pieces.  

He's sleeping from 1am to 7am too, which is letting us get as much rest as we need.  

It's now half 10 and a lot has happened contractually to my site, meaning my job role is becoming more defined (see - shit loads more work).  And I'm already stressed out! 

I used to love being breast fed. I still do in fact. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 18/02/2019 at 09:31, mjmooney said:

Good times. My daughter safely delivered her second (another girl) at 7.45 this morning, so I'm a happy grandpa again! No name yet. 

There's no stopping them, now. Our other daughter is expecting her first in January. The grandparenting never stops. 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The missus has just dropped into a long WhatsApp conversation a picture of a scan. Quite nonchalantly. I'm in Prague at the moment she's back in Sofia. 

Another Bulgarian/English hybrid on the way. Doubt I'll get away with naming him/her after a Villa player again but that's life.

I might get drunk tonight. 

Congratulations! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seen this thread for the first time!! Congratulations to all new mums and dads. I have 3 kids myself, a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and a 14 month old. So, life is always extremely hectic!! 

All 3 of my kids have been conpletely different in their upbringing. There are no wrongs or rights. We've always done whatever has worked. Kids are the best and never fail to make me laugh. 

Having said that, absolutely zero chance of me having anymore.

• Like 2

Â