The VT Baby club

kimmie

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Having said that, absolutely zero chance of me having anymore

I have 2, a boy and a girl. I think at that stage its an easy decision to stop at 2. I'm sure if we'd had 2 boys or 2 girls the temptation would be there for a third.

• Like 1

I'd have loads of kids, if I could afford them! 

I've got 2 boys, 5 years and a 10 month old.  Both pretty laid back, but the 5 year old is stubborn - but annoyingly smart.. And that's not a brag, it's annoying as hell :lol:  

We'd love another, but 600 a month for nursery 3 days a week and 200 a month for before and after school club.  It makes me wish I could put the mortgage on hold! :D 

But yea, kids are fun - challenging (!) - but fun :)  

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I have 2, a boy and a girl. I think at that stage its an easy decision to stop at 2. I'm sure if we'd had 2 boys or 2 girls the temptation would be there for a third.

That way madness lies. I used to work with a woman who was one of eight sisters (her parents finally gave up). 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

You'd have thought so, but we had a boy and a girl first and still went and had a third!! Wouldn't change them for the world mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd have loads of kids, if I could afford them! 

I've got 2 boys, 5 years and a 10 month old.  Both pretty laid back, but the 5 year old is stubborn - but annoyingly smart.. And that's not a brag, it's annoying as hell :lol:  

We'd love another, but 600 a month for nursery 3 days a week and 200 a month for before and after school club.  It makes me wish I could put the mortgage on hold! :D 

But yea, kids are fun - challenging (!) - but fun :)  

Our eldest is very much like this and I think the smartness is very much linked to the stubbornness. She is very strong minded and if she thinks she's right (which she is most the time) then there's nothing you can say or do that will make her think otherwise. 

I get why you had to say about it being a brag because I think people think I'm bragging when I say she's smart. She's the youngest in her year at school, and that 8/9 months less development than some kids can make a large difference. But she's in advanced groups for reading and maths. I have no idea where she gets it from because it's not me and it certainly isn't the Mrs!! I think the milkman must've been a really clever bloke.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My wife went to the Dr's yesterday for a check up, complained of a bit of kidney pain... Baby girl born this morning! 

She's early and tiny but Dr's say she's OK, the wife is still being treated for the kidney so hasn't seen her yet! Corona means I can see the baby but can't visit my wife again until she changes to a different ward in a couple of days time, it's also a new build hospital which opened yesterday so has no phone signal or WiFi which last night was an absolute killer and probably won't get better as I sit home alone 

Home kit is in the basket 

It'll all be worth it in the long run. Something to tell your daughter about when she's older. Congratulations! 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 16:26, villa4europe said:

My wife went to the Dr's yesterday for a check up, complained of a bit of kidney pain... Baby girl born this morning! 

She's early and tiny but Dr's say she's OK, the wife is still being treated for the kidney so hasn't seen her yet! Corona means I can see the baby but can't visit my wife again until she changes to a different ward in a couple of days time, it's also a new build hospital which opened yesterday so has no phone signal or WiFi which last night was an absolute killer and probably won't get better as I sit home alone 

Home kit is in the basket 

Congratulations - brilliant news on the birth of your daughter.🙌

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Painted the nippers room, im the least DIY person so  quite chuffed.......

Im off for the summer, and the missus has said i can go to mexico for a bachelor party if i get the 10 boxes of crap, i mean baby's room stuff put together.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

6 weeks later... My daughter is finally home! Weighing in at 1890g (just under 4.2lbs)

I wouldn't recommended it 😂 the hospital starts off not that bad, the room is stuffy, warm with no air flow for obvious reasons which really **** you up, the wife was saying she's there doing nothing for 8 hours a day and I had so much sympathy for her, it's crazy hard, we thought we would row under stress but we were OK, a bit of bickering but accepting what it was all about, what we did do towards the end is become very nasty, if the nurses breathed in a way we didn't like she was a word removed, you get the old fuddy duddy on your rotation and she's a word removing word removed, it went from talk of what present we can get to say thanks to **** the lot of em cos when we went in to see her she had been sick and no one had spotted it, the other kids were getting preferential treatment* so they were words removed and so were their parents... It became really angry but at least we angled it away from each other 

And now I have the terror at here with me 😁

Its mad how like the rule was the feeding tube can come out when she hits 1500g, so we wait nearly 5 weeks to get there, then 3 days later the mom of the other baby in room asks if hers can come out... Shes 2 weeks younger... She weighs 1480g...they say yes... You **** what mate! Preferential!! **** little word removed... I'm sat there literally seething at a 4 week old baby 🤦‍♂️ "I'm going home **** this place" The frustration plays with your head, there were times where I was so angry and my wife was worse! 

Congratulations!

Didn't understand a single thing you wrote, however.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cheers mate

short version - hospital with a newborn made me a very frustrated angry man! 

I'm reminded of my time in hospital when my son was born. It was around 6am and I'd dosed off in the waiting room and this huge Bulgarian nurse came and started shouting at me. I didn't know what the hell was going on but I woke up to this loud word removed of women asking what I was doing. After explaining that I was clearly waiting for my son to be born and I've paid €1000 for the privilege she huffed off. I told the head nurse that this woman was to come nowhere near my missus, baby or me for 3 days or I'd write a letter to the general manager and hospital group manager. 

Everytime I saw her again she'd scurry away into another room. 

Bulgarians are weird but this woman was mental. Every time I think about I get angry.

Â