The VT Baby club

kimmie

14 hours ago, Genie said:

My wife also had a small bleed with our first about 6 or 7 weeks which is obviously scary, when we called the hospital they basically said the same. Can't do anything so just have to sit tight and hope for the best.

All was well.

Sound pretty common as my Mrs had the same thing. We thought she was about 8 weeks, went to an early pregnancy clinic where they did an internal ultrasound and confirmed baby was fine and there was a heartbeat, but she was only about 6 weeks gone.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I found out yesterday that i'm having a little girl! Very excited. We're 15 weeks along and all is going well.

As I bloke I think I thought that I wanted a boy maybe 51/49, but that completely melted away once the nurse told us it was a girl. I'm over the moon :)

Great news! 

I had the same news last month, a little lady :)  My mrs is 21 weeks now and already huge!! 

I didn't really mind either way, boy or girl, but strangely, from the day we found out we were pregnant, I automatically thought of a little girl and nothing else.

• Like 2

Me and my Mrs went for our 12 week scan last week, don't think we're going to find out the gender but I've already got my son so not really bothered which we get although one of each would be good! :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I found out yesterday that i'm having a little girl! Very excited. We're 15 weeks along and all is going well.

As I bloke I think I thought that I wanted a boy maybe 51/49, but that completely melted away once the nurse told us it was a girl. I'm over the moon :)

Congrats man :D

My girlfriend is pretty much exactly as far along as yours (due date 04/11) - we're finding out gender on 20 week scan.

• Like 1

We couldn't wait so we paid for one of those 3D scan things. We weren't particularly interested in the 3D scan but they told us they could tell us gender from 14 weeks so we were happy to do it.

My girlfriend is 16 weeks tomorrow and has definitely popped in the last week or so, huge change in the belly since last week. It really is flying by!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We couldn't wait so we paid for one of those 3D scan things. We weren't particularly interested in the 3D scan but they told us they could tell us gender from 14 weeks so we were happy to do it.

My girlfriend is 16 weeks tomorrow and has definitely popped in the last week or so, huge change in the belly since last week. It really is flying by!

Wasn't keen on the 3d scan, thought they looked a bit strange! We just had the standard.

Yeah the time is flying...we're also buying a new house because there is 4 of us in a 2 bed terrace at the mo...pressure is well and truly on! :o

Just started feeling kicks the last week or so which is great 

• Like 1

My son is now 3. Ridiculous how quick the time has gone. He's a proper little boy too. Grazed knees, climbing everything, loves the outdoors and running around.

Also loves Lego and Superheroes. Winner. Batman is his favourite and he loves it when I pretend to be him. Listens to me more with the Batman voice than me normally. Batman commands respect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

My son is now 3. Ridiculous how quick the time has gone. He's a proper little boy too. Grazed knees, climbing everything, loves the outdoors and running around.

Also loves Lego and Superheroes. Winner. Batman is his favourite and he loves it when I pretend to be him. Listens to me more with the Batman voice than me normally. Batman commands respect.

Holy Adam West, Boy Wonder. 

On 26/05/2017 at 15:25, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sounds very familiar  :)

8 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

11 weeks to the wife's due date, that's gone scarily quick

I didn't find it especially quick and always quite far away up until 10/11 weeks to go. It's flying now, today is 6 weeks to go but more likely to be 4 as it's looking like a planned c section. Although not actually had that conversation with the doctor yet, which I thought was surprising.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have our 20 week scan on Saturday morning.

It's a mixture of nerves and excitement, you just want everything to be normal and okay. I can feel the baby moving around quite obviously from the outside at this point, it's wonderful. The missus is really starting to show, and aside from being pretty tired she's doing really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Kids are great, but I always find the first day or two after the baby has arrived it gives you a right bounce in your step. 

First child=shit scared 

second child= more at ease 

third child= master of the trade and so laid back. 

Wife is into second day of hospital as she is being induced. Man, this part is dull. Who would have thought there would be so much waiting? Suppose I should appreciate having nothing to do while I still can.

15 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Wife is into second day of hospital as she is being induced. Man, this part is dull. Who would have thought there would be so much waiting? Suppose I should appreciate having nothing to do while I still can.

Calm before the storm mate. You'll miss these moments of having time on your hands :) Hope it all goes well.

Â