General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I forget which division it was, current Div 1 I think. Brentford and small heath were the "big" teams in the division for a few years and they just hated each other

Sometime in the 90s (and it would have been last weekend, sometime in the 90s), a group of friends and I went to a Brentford game at Brentford and the Brentford fans were singing all the Villa anti-blues songs, all game. They weren't playing blues. It was chuffing marvelous, I felt right at home and joined in voiciferously.

As soon as was outed as a Villa fan I was welcomed with open arms

Fascinating, I wasn't aware of this at all.

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As our resident Brentford expert, do you know what that's about?

I wouldn’t say I’m a Brentford expert. I go regularly because it’s just up the road for me.

I’m not fully versed in all the history but I would probably suggest that the main reason Brentford don’t like SHA is because a good proposition of Bees fans are sensible, right-minded people. 

• Haha 3

Just now, choffer said:

I wouldn’t say I’m a Brentford expert. I go regularly because it’s just up the road for me.

When were you last in the neighbourhood?

West of Chiswick has become Bees Town.

You always did see a couple Brentford shirts around, but over the past year everyone seems to have gone mad for them.

The swing away from Chelsea blue to red and white in the areas south and east of Heathrow is really noticeable.

1 minute ago, Xann said:

When were you last in the neighbourhood?

West of Chiswick has become Bees Town.

You always did see a couple Brentford shirts around, but over the past year everyone seems to have gone mad for them.

The swing away from Chelsea blue to red and white in the areas south and east of Heathrow is really noticeable.

Massively so. I've not yet made it to the new stadium so I'm a bit out of touch just now but a good number of people local to me who've historically been notional fans of the "bigger" London teams are now STH at Lionel Road. 

I recently stopped volunteering at Samaritans and the Ealing branch is just the other side of the A4 from Griffin Park. It was always a nightmare getting through there on a match-day. I'm guessing Kew Bridge Rd will be even worse at 3pm on a Saturday now. 

I got a membership for this season and was going to go fairly regularly with my nephew who's in town for the year. Unfortunately, he took too long to get his membership and they're sold out now and I just don't enjoy going to see a match on my own so much these days. I might go and have a look at what's upcoming now though. 

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I just realised a chomp is just a curly wurly without the holes. Or a curly wurly is a chomp with holes. 

How much does a Chomp bar cost these days?  Last I remember they were 10p.

*quick Google*

Jeebus. No wonder nobody can afford a house.

During the summer Olympics there was plenty of talk about how little coverage there was on terrestrial TV. 
I just noticed that Discovery+ have a half price offer which includes sports. Discovery+ and Eurosport are showing every event live.

£29.99 for a year

4-DD3-EAB1-93-CC-4-FE2-A23-F-7-D9-EBDFCA

Link

Edited by Genie

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

How do you find that?

I just let google track my phone and my locations and it gives me monthly updates and an annual summary.

It does freak you out a bit when you google a shop for their opening hours and the search tells you that you were last in that shop in October 2020!

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I just let google track my phone and my locations and it gives me monthly updates and an annual summary.

It does freak you out a bit when you google a shop for their opening hours and the search tells you that you were last in that shop in October 2020!

Who needs the vaccine eh? 

Â