General Chat

Stevo985

On 08/01/2022 at 16:43, Ingram85 said:

Does anyone here who is located in brum have an old CRT box TV they no longer need or know anyone looking to get rid of one? 

Missed out on two now, the one bickster linked to had already gone and lost out by £2 on one on eBay this morning. Very very frustrating this 🤬

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Missed out on two now, the one bickster linked to had already gone and lost out by £2 on one on eBay this morning. Very very frustrating this 🤬

Tried Shpock mate? Just had a quick look and there seems to be a few on there.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

There's an Aiwa one on Gumtree in Birmingham for £50 right now

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There's an Aiwa one on Gumtree in Birmingham for £50 right now

£50? Bloody hell, i thought people would just give them away!

Wrong side of the city @Ingram85 but there is a big shop by Sutton tip, called the re-users shop. Second hand stuff that people have donated. I had a nose around there pre-Xmas as it was by the garage where my MOT was being done. I'm sure they had CRTs there - its a big place. Stock changes all the time though. Might be worth a call/email to see if they have any?

Website link- https://www.thereusers.uk/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Where’s Stoke Park?

last time I was over in Isleworth I noticed they’d got that far in decent numbers.

Sorry, Grove Park.  It's Bromley way.

There will be a few in Stoke Park, it's further west than Isleworth.

I believe the colonies established themselves in the West around the Thames first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

I believe the colonies established themselves in the West around the Thames first.

There is some conjecture but the most commonly held story is that some escaped from the set of The African Queen which was being filmed in part at the old Isleworth Studios in the early 1950s. They're voracious breeders by all accounts. 

I regularly see them perched on my bird feeders out the back and think I might even have posted pics on here in the past. Apparently their numbers are now at a stage where some are calling for a cull because they're a pest. I'm not sure why they're any more of a pest than any other bird. Sure they're noisy but no more so than the murder of crows that regularly congregate in the park over the back of my place. 

Â