General Chat

Stevo985

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Stress and tension are common symptons for the pulsing, I've experienced the random pulsing in muscles at times - on my thighs and shoulder / neck muscles mostly.  I've noticed my body seems to be far more sensitive to dietary habits as well lately, - that's given me sleeping issues / and fatigue at times. Could just be some minor issues like that. 

They might be all unconnected issues. Obviously see a dr when you can and don't listen to us, but just wanted to mention I've experienced elements of that list there. And yeah the phantom vibration is common ( a sign, depressingly of phone addiction)!

Got a doctor calling me tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your story, has put my mind at ease. I’ve been trying so many options (which just autocorrected to Octopus, so even my phone hates vegans) and yet still getting it on and off from slight to severe on occasions. My hip feels weird as well so I wonder if there is an issue there which is causing something.

I felt so old this week as I was waking up feeling like I had run a marathon 😅

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Got a doctor calling me tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your story, has put my mind at ease. I’ve been trying so many options (which just autocorrected to Octopus, so even my phone hates vegans) and yet still getting it on and off from slight to severe on occasions. My hip feels weird as well so I wonder if there is an issue there which is causing something.

I felt so old this week as I was waking up feeling like I had run a marathon 😅

Are you feeling more stress than usual? I’ve experienced some of those symptoms you’ve mentioned when I was under a lot of stress and worry. I visited the doctor and no physical problems found. As stress levels lowered the issues drifted away.

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are you feeling more stress than usual? I’ve experienced some of those symptoms you’ve mentioned when I was under a lot of stress and worry. I visited the doctor and no physical problems found. As stress levels lowered the issues drifted away.

Stress levels definitely higher than usual. I’ve had worse though - but I think I need to look at whether I’m just overworked a little, it’s been a crazy few months and maybe I didn’t realise it affected me. 🙏🏻

• Like 1

On 24/11/2020 at 18:45, Xela said:

Sounds a right faff. Luckily the dash cam footage will prove she was at fault. Would be nice to see her exposed as a liar in court though.

Years ago I was in a car park and a car reversed out of a space straight into me. Woman got out, apologised and admitted fault. Exchanged details. Thought that was it. Later on she changed her mind and said it was my fault (she changed her mind after she got home - I presume her husband told her to do it as it was his company car). No CCTV and no dashcams back then. Went on for about a year and they finally only admitted fault once it was set to go to court. 

We had exactly the same, again I expect it was the husband telling her to blame us. 

Didn't go to court.  It's kind of impossible to argue the dent in their rear bumper was caused by the side of our car without it being them reversing into us.  I assume their insurers just told them to stop being clearings in the woods. 

11 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Stress levels definitely higher than usual. I’ve had worse though - but I think I need to look at whether I’m just overworked a little, it’s been a crazy few months and maybe I didn’t realise it affected me. 🙏🏻

I had similar symptoms a few years ago, before moving to Canada. Work and life were full on stress and I was getting dizzy and having "bubbling" in my calves.

In hindsight I was both stressed out and not eating properly. Trying to lose weight for my wedding I was eating a pack of microwave rice and an apple for lunch every day.

Check your nutrition, check your sleep, eat more bananas, maybe buy some Vit D spray off Amazon.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I had similar symptoms a few years ago, before moving to Canada. Work and life were full on stress and I was getting dizzy and having "bubbling" in my calves.

In hindsight I was both stressed out and not eating properly. Trying to lose weight for my wedding I was eating a pack of microwave rice and an apple for lunch every day.

Check your nutrition, check your sleep, eat more bananas, maybe buy some Vit D spray off Amazon.

Cheers man ❤️

Really wondering if it is stress released now. 🙏🏻

On 26/11/2020 at 10:50, avfcDJ said:

Cheers man ❤️

A lot of the time with stress you don’t quite realise what you’re carrying around on your shoulders until you come out the other side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:
On 26/11/2020 at 11:50, avfcDJ said:

Cheers man ❤️

A lot of the time with stress you don’t quite realise what you’re carrying around on your shoulders until you come out the other side.

This is true,  I had a hard time for 19 years at my last job.  Stressed out to the max but I thought this is how it is.  

Until I left and got a new job.  I can sleep properly and everything now,  Heart rate is down by loads as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

This is true,  I had a hard time for 19 years at my last job.  Stressed out to the max but I thought this is how it is.  

Until I left and got a new job.  I can sleep properly and everything now,  Heart rate is down by loads as well.

❤️

Glad you feel better 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

So true. I’ve taken some time off and I feel better already 😊

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Weird question of the day. 

Anyone know any DJ's (Dance music) ? 

(Not @avfcDJ above) unfortunately that's too obvious.

I used to know a few and wasn’t too bad myself, but that was in a previous life. Don’t know if he can help but you could try asking @danceoftheshamen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Absolutely this. I'm a bit more chilled in my job now... I've discovered the art of delegation... well, partial delegation! 

I remember the stress of breaking up from work for a holiday and taking about 5 days to slowly wind down, despite the fact i was the other side of the world at that point! Stress weighs you down like a heavy overcoat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nice of you!

It was a bribe to get him to play a particular record at a JP Roadshow. I no longer recall what the record was. May have been something by Free (this was before the punk cataclysm). 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I shook hands with Jeff Mills one time :P

I shook Nigel Benn's hand when he was Dj at the Canal Club in Wolverhampton (middle to late 90's).  I loved him as a boxer,  it was ace and he played tunes,  it was well good mate.Never forget that night,  also,  I was supposed to meet 3 mates there but they wrote the car off bad on the way.  They all survived with cuts and bruises but the car was gone (metro).  I had a great night.

• Like 1

Not quite in the league's of the above but I got thrown out our local civic hall for continuously pronouncing Brian Cant’s surname slightly differently (rudely) in a cockney accent when I stumbled across him in the bar. Never realised what a diva he was, he was with Benjamin but that’s another story

Â