General Chat

Stevo985

On 20/11/2020 at 21:15, maqroll said:

There's a dying fox on the beach nearby. I can't tell if its injured or old. Poor thing tried to get up when I stumbled upon it but couldn't. I'm debating whether to put it out of its misery.

I was going to say call the RSPCA but then I realised your lost was a couple of days old. 

Edit - And then I realised you live in the USA.  I don't think the RSPCA go that far! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 14:07, Mark Albrighton said:

Can’t help you with the continuity announcer, will keep an ear out for her.

But just taking the opportunity to say that of the various presenters on Escape to the country, I always think it looks like Johnnie Irwin takes it most personally  when they don’t like one of the properties.

Watch him, when they visit the mystery house and they say “Hmmm we were hoping for a bit more dining space in the kitchen”, the look in his eyes. It’s like a despondent rage. 

Surely Phil and Kirsty are the best for this. 

You can't help but join in their rage when they've shown someone a house that ticks every single box and then some, but the buyer doesn't like the colour of the walls or something.  Their exasperation is palpable. 

Or when they've shown someone the 4th house they don't like because they are looking for a 6 bedroom mansion in Knightsbridge with a £200,000 budget. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Surely Phil and Kirsty are the best for this. 

You can't help but join in their rage when they've shown someone a house that ticks every single box and then some, but the buyer doesn't like the colour of the walls or something.  Their exasperation is palpable. 

Or when they've shown someone the 4th house they don't like because they are looking for a 6 bedroom mansion in Knightsbridge with a £200,000 budget. 

Maybe it’s Irwin’s reaction when compared to his fellow “Escape...” presenters. The others seem to take it in their stride with a cheery disposition, to my eyes Johnnie appears to lose a bit of his soul when they don’t like the kitchen.

Yeah, Kirsty and Phil get fed up (particularly Kirsty) but they also call out the potential buyers out if they think they’re being unreasonable/inconsistent. They occasionally get to vent. Johnnie Irwin has this quiet disappointment that suddenly descends, like he wants to kick off but he’s not allowed to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My nephew, Gary Warner's funeral today.

Thought I'd be feeling ok and just power through it, but didn't sleep well and can't concentrate at all this morning.

Heading off down to Sutton in a couple of hours.

Hope it goes as well as it can be. Less tragic circumstances but attended a funeral last week. They are odd things during covid so I hope all can get the comfort they will need. 

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My nephew, Gary Warner's funeral today.

Thought I'd be feeling ok and just power through it, but didn't sleep well and can't concentrate at all this morning.

Heading off down to Sutton in a couple of hours.

All the best mate. I hope it all goes as well as it can.

On 19/11/2020 at 22:11, StefanAVFC said:

Had a weird situation at footie yesterday, never seen it in a real game and there was a dispute on how to actually rule on it.

The opposition guy had the ball with his back to goal, I went to tackle him but caught his leg, he stayed up so played the advantage. A few seconds passed, he tried to pirouette and got between him and the ball and he fouled me.

So, what's the rule here?

No advantage, so goes back to the initial foul, FK to them.

He got his advantage, lost the ball and fouled me so FK to us.

Play on as both cancel out?

On 19/11/2020 at 22:33, StefanAVFC said:

But he cocked up the advantage rather than there not being one after all

Funny situation 

I think it would depend on how much time passes. My instinct is it's pulled back for his free kick.

Doesn't matter that he cocked it up. You often see advantage given and the player then loses the ball and it's pulled back. But on the contrary a striker getting a shot off seems to cancel out any advantage he's been given.

It's a fine line

Don’t really know if this is the place, just looking for advice from people who may know of people with similar.

For quite a while, but progressively this year, I’ve had weird pulsing in my muscle areas, as well as cramps, unsteady legs, weird vision problems, brain fog, tiredness. The muscle pulsing is weird, think of a rapid heartbeat but in the muscle, I know. Also get a feeling on my legs like a mobile phone is vibrating.

Had a really bad week with it last week and it’s made me feel like shit. Doctors where I used to live - the ones who gave me a nose spray when I had flu last year - did nothing. My new doctors are struggling to keep up with it all due to COVID but are actually trying hard to get me tests.

Had a weird situation yesterday.

Doing the school run and as I approached a roundabout I witnessed a car join the roundabout and hit the side of a car going round it. Luckily for them my dash can caught it too.

The lady who hit the other car initially stopped but then told the other lady she needed to drop the kids at school and then come straight back. She didnt.

Then by coincidence the lady who was hit saw the car/lady that hit her down the road at a lollipop crossing and stopped her to ask for the details which she gave. Just after that the lady who caused the crash called the police to say that the other lady was harassing her and they visited today. She’s apparently saying that the crash wasn’t her fault too. She’s not yet aware I’ve provided a video of the accident and it’s stonewall joining a roundabout dangerously. 
They’ve now had to report the lady who caused the crash for leaving the scene of a crash.

So unnecessarily stressful for the victims here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Had a weird situation yesterday.

Doing the school run and as I approached a roundabout I witnessed a car join the roundabout and hit the side of a car going round it. Luckily for them my dash can caught it too.

The lady who hit the other car initially stopped but then told the other lady she needed to drop the kids at school and then come straight back. She didnt.

Then by coincidence the lady who was hit saw the car/lady that hit her down the road at a lollipop crossing and stopped her to ask for the details which she gave. Just after that the lady who caused the crash called the police to say that the other lady was harassing her and they visited today. She’s apparently saying that the crash wasn’t her fault too. She’s not yet aware I’ve provided a video of the accident and it’s stonewall joining a roundabout dangerously. 
They’ve now had to report the lady who caused the crash for leaving the scene of a crash.

So unnecessarily stressful for the victims here.

Sounds a right faff. Luckily the dash cam footage will prove she was at fault. Would be nice to see her exposed as a liar in court though.

Years ago I was in a car park and a car reversed out of a space straight into me. Woman got out, apologised and admitted fault. Exchanged details. Thought that was it. Later on she changed her mind and said it was my fault (she changed her mind after she got home - I presume her husband told her to do it as it was his company car). No CCTV and no dashcams back then. Went on for about a year and they finally only admitted fault once it was set to go to court. 

On 24/11/2020 at 14:23, avfcDJ said:

Don’t really know if this is the place, just looking for advice from people who may know of people with similar.

For quite a while, but progressively this year, I’ve had weird pulsing in my muscle areas, as well as cramps, unsteady legs, weird vision problems, brain fog, tiredness. The muscle pulsing is weird, think of a rapid heartbeat but in the muscle, I know. Also get a feeling on my legs like a mobile phone is vibrating.

Had a really bad week with it last week and it’s made me feel like shit. Doctors where I used to live - the ones who gave me a nose spray when I had flu last year - did nothing. My new doctors are struggling to keep up with it all due to COVID but are actually trying hard to get me tests.

Does it sound a bit 'long covid'? Were you not ill in the early part of the year (allowing for negative tests, &c.)?

On a side thing, I think the phantom vibrating mobile isn't uncommon just as a general thing.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Does it sound a bit 'long covid'? Were you not ill in the early part of the year (allowing for negative tests, &c.)?

On a side thing, I think the phantom vibrating mobile isn't uncommon just as a general thing.

Makes me wonder tbh, I have been questioning whether I had it all along and some of this is an add on to that with long COVID. Just glad I stayed in when I tested negative, would hate to pass it on if that was the case.

• Like 1

Stress and tension are common symptons for the pulsing, I've experienced the random pulsing in muscles at times - on my thighs and shoulder / neck muscles mostly.  I've noticed my body seems to be far more sensitive to dietary habits as well lately, - that's given me sleeping issues / and fatigue at times. Could just be some minor issues like that. 

They might be all unconnected issues. Obviously see a dr when you can and don't listen to us, but just wanted to mention I've experienced elements of that list there. And yeah the phantom vibration is common ( a sign, depressingly of phone addiction)!

• Like 1

Sounds like veganism to me , get a nice juicy steak down you and you’ll be right as rain :)

but , seriously hope you get to the bottom of it and recover ... not dehydration is it  ? lot of those symptoms relate to it.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounds like veganism to me , get a nice juicy steak down you and you’ll be right as rain :)

but , seriously hope you get to the bottom of it and recover ... not dehydration is it  ? lot of those symptoms relate to it.

Haha 😂 steak on order, made from tofu. Right!? 

I drink a lot - I love being hydrated, lots of water with some fruit juice and smoothies as well. Even cut down coffee and replaced with decaf peppermint tea as I wanted to see if coffee was causing it all.

Thank you for the reply ✌️

Â