General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, sne said:

Had 2 people ordering Beef Tartare tonight during service and then promptly send it back because they "did not eat raw meat".

This is the 3rd time this has happened for me in the last couple of years in the different places I have worked. 

All 3 times it has been Norwegians and the thing is that Råbiff as Tartare is called in Swedish is called the same in Norwegian.

We Swedes like to make fun of Norwegians, (light-heartedly) because they are basically the goofy cousins from the country who won £1000 billions on the lottery but who's national dish is microwave Pizza and Cola.

But then these kinda things happen and you start wondering.

We knew exactly what we were doing.   Just yanking your chain.   "O Swede Boy, your chef forgot to cook our meal!"😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Good detective work from Rooney but let herself down by broadcasting it on social media .Should have took it to Vardy direct. Typical of todays trial by social media mentality. It may well have been someone in her party and not Vardy herself. I'm sure all these WAGs have publicists etc. 

Although the seeking legal advice line is funny. Rooney was smart by not accusing Vardy direct - she's said it was her account and her specifically.

Apparently the Vardy's have been receiving several disgusting messages including things along the lines of people hoping her unborn child dies. What the **** is wrong with people?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Apparently the Vardy's have been receiving several disgusting messages including things along the lines of people hoping her unborn child dies. What the **** is wrong with people?

Social media keyboard warriors again. Brings the very worst out in people it seems :(

11 hours ago, sne said:

Had 2 people ordering Beef Tartare tonight during service and then promptly send it back because they "did not eat raw meat".

This is the 3rd time this has happened for me in the last couple of years in the different places I have worked. 

All 3 times it has been Norwegians and the thing is that Råbiff as Tartare is called in Swedish is called the same in Norwegian.

We Swedes like to make fun of Norwegians, (light-heartedly) because they are basically the goofy cousins from the country who won £1000 billions on the lottery but who's national dish is microwave Pizza and Cola.

But then these kinda things happen and you start wondering.

We actually call it biff tartar. We’re not barbarians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Paddywhack said:

@sne won the day yesterday. I was 2nd with one less like.

Fair play, good luck to him. I'm not even that bothered anyway. 1st, 2nd, who cares? Let's all just get along, yeah?

david what GIF by britbox

:hooray:

On only 18 likes apparently.

That's the  International break for ya, f all happening :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

I wonder what are the lowest and highest like counts for WTD? 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

It quite often an Off Topicer than wins, quite often its someone who rarely if ever posts in VT

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder what are the lowest and highest like counts for WTD? 

Only took 10 to win a couple of days ago apparently, that's gotta be near the lowest anyone has won with.

International break...

Pretty sure I've seen days where people well above 30 are outside the top 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It quite often an Off Topicer than wins, quite often its someone who rarely if ever posts in VT

I imagine visiting fans from other clubs who has something good to say about Villa or a Villa player has a good chance to win the day?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

standards aren't what they were a  few years ago , If you can't WTD by simply writing a few variations of   "**** Brexit " or  "Boris is a liar" "  then there must be something wrong with you

Edited by tonyh29
spelling (again)

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

standards aren't what they were a  few years ago , If you can't WTD by simply writing a few variations of   "**** Brexit " or  "Boris is a liar" "  then there must be something wrong with you

Formula to win the day

Pun / Innuendo / Kenneth Williams jpeg / Cat gif / Funny meme / Poo story / Dating disaster tale / WB or WNB

• Like 1

12 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Would anybody be interested in a Villatalk crowfund to raise money for families in need this Xmas? Is there a charity local to VP which helps families in need?

lnp93V84_400x400.jpg

Â