General Chat

Stevo985

10 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I don't want to polute the General Erection thread, but for those who saw my issues with the nurse practitioner...

Had a visit from two nurses today, absolutely lovely ladies, they apologised constantly and have sorted a prescription for what they say should have been sorted 2 or 3 weeks ago! 

tenor.gif?itemid=14660918

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rob182 said:

This morning when I opened the door to my 19-month old's bedroom, one of our cats walked out. My daughter was put to sleep last night at 7pm and didn't wake up until gone 6, so the cat had been there for over 11 hours!

The little bugger must have been hiding in the wardrobe or under her cot.

You're not the only one @Ingram85 😮

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You're not the only one @Ingram85 😮

It’s hard to word a post about the numerous small beings that run around your house. Just be glad I didn’t bring my wife’s chinchilla into it

You didn't need to add the speech marks @BOF!

Insert [that's the joke] meme :D

(Joking aside, the wife's Chinchilla was put to sleep.

...... shortly after the birth of our daughter! ba dum tish!

... No, but seriously, we used to have a Chinchilla called Howard and he got put to sleep around New Year of 2017 and it was very sad xxxx miss you Howard)

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

You didn't need to add the speech marks @BOF!

Insert [that's the joke] meme :D

(Joking aside, the wife's Chinchilla was put to sleep.

...... shortly after the birth of our daughter! ba dum tish!

... No, but seriously, we used to have a Chinchilla called Howard and he got put to sleep around New Year of 2017 and it was very sad xxxx miss you Howard)

my mate had a pet Chinchilla called Eric ...

is there an unwritten rule that Chinchillas have to have crap names ?  cats get awesome names like Mr Snugglepuss  or Scratchy   , dogs get to be called Pickles or Chips    ..  Chinchillas get  Eric or Howard  

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

my mate had a pet Chinchilla called Eric ...

is there an unwritten rule that Chinchillas have to have crap names ?  cats get awesome names like Mr Snugglepuss  or Scratchy   , dogs get to be called Pickles or Chips    ..  Chinchillas get  Eric or Howard  

Well I’ve never heard of a chinchilla with a proper pet name so it must be! The wife named her’s Howard back when The Mighty Boosh was popular, after Howard Moon.

However, one of my cats is called Edwin, which breaks the rule.

I was walking to work this morning and there was a bloke walking a few feet in front of me in the same direction. He was about to walk past a bus stop where there was loads of litter on the floor; cans, bottles, a banana skin, crisp packets. The man stopped, did a double take, picked up the banana skin, gently placed it on top of a bin and then carried on walking.

Why did he choose the banana skin? Did he think you could slip on them like in cartoons? Why did he place it down so gently and neatly on the bin? Why didn't he put it in the bin rather than on top?

• Like 1

Building an extension on the back of the house. Dug it all out and the inspector wasn't happy (even though the ground was solid) and wanted a floating raft putting in. So more money and time later (2 and a bit weeks) he's come this morning and passed that off, so all systems to now to get the shell built and roof on! It's stressful business this building lark. I've lost a bit of weight doing the laboring though. Wheel-barrowing, digging and demolition is hard work, bro.

maApB4D.jpg

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 4

I was on my way to work this morning when this guy behind me just started  muttering 'Why the banana skin? Why the banana skin? Why the banana skin? Really through me off what I was doing.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn’t it funny that in Russia and North Korea they create these pictures of their leader with big guns and looking majestic riding horses as aspirational figures.
Here our leader sanctions a video where he makes a cup of tea all by himself to show how much of a normal guy he is.

• Haha 2

Just scanned an article about Children in Need on the BBC website. I have to say I vaguely recognized one presenter and none of the other 'stars' who were involved. (Or 'well known non-entities' as my dad always called them.) 

Just made me realize I've been gone a long time from England now - over 20 years. Not sure how I feel about that.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just scanned an article about Children in Need on the BBC website. I have to say I vaguely recognized one presenter and none of the other 'stars' who were involved. (Or 'well known non-entities' as my dad always called them.) 

Just made me realize I've been gone a long time from England now - over 20 years. Not sure how I feel about that.

Lucky 

• Like 3

Â