General Chat

Stevo985

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When (and at what venues) are you on in Leeds? 

It's basically a UTEP choir residency at Leeds Cathedral. The choir director is married to my buddy who is also the trombone professor and head of the music school i.e. he controls the pursestrings! "My wife is taking the choir to the UK? We definitely need trombones!! Richard do you want to come?!"

It's simply more of a cultural trip for the kids than anything, many of whom won't have ever been outside of El Paso before let alone Texas.
From the very rough tentative schedule I have, it looks like they are singing at a lot of Cathedral services during the week - some of which I may or may not be part of - hopefully leaving lots of time time to sample some local ales :D

On Sunday October 13th we are going to do an outreach concert in Ripon in the afternoon. It's very low key. I will know much more once I'm there about actual shows that may be worth hearing. Cathedral's aren't really my thing and I know they're not your's, but as a brass player performing in them is part and parcel of your career - plus you music always sounds beautiful in those acoustics.

It would be great to see you though Mike and meet another VT'er (hopefully you won't be sans socks ala @Stevo985 ;) )

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Most pubs that serve real ale these days are pretty much all serving guest beers, so when one cask runs out another completely different one might replace it. Its the style of beer that tends to be important

Its not easy to recommend because theres that many and a lot of them are region specific from small breweries

Personally I like Stouts, Amber Ales, Red Ales, Blondes (fnar) so tend to stick inside those sets, Occasionally an IPA if desperate

Thanks Bicks. Is there by any chance a centralized website or a good blog you or anyone would recommend?

We are staying 5 mins from Headingly.

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Errr... dunno. Mine's on a Paypal monthly sub. But I think you can get the first month free to try it. 

Odd. I downloaded ready, selected PayPal as payment method, the cookies button was having issues, I selected back and now it seems I have access to Readly without any payment. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Odd. I downloaded ready, selected PayPal as payment method, the cookies button was having issues, I selected back and now it seems I have access to Readly without any payment. 

That may be the standard "First month free" thing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's basically a UTEP choir residency at Leeds Cathedral. The choir director is married to my buddy who is also the trombone professor and head of the music school i.e. he controls the pursestrings! "My wife is taking the choir to the UK? We definitely need trombones!! Richard do you want to come?!"

It's simply more of a cultural trip for the kids than anything, many of whom won't have ever been outside of El Paso before let alone Texas.
From the very rough tentative schedule I have, it looks like they are singing at a lot of Cathedral services during the week - some of which I may or may not be part of - hopefully leaving lots of time time to sample some local ales :D

On Sunday October 13th we are going to do an outreach concert in Ripon in the afternoon. It's very low key. I will know much more once I'm there about actual shows that may be worth hearing. Cathedral's aren't really my thing and I know they're not your's, but as a brass player performing in them is part and parcel of your career - plus you music always sounds beautiful in those acoustics.

It would be great to see you though Mike and meet another VT'er (hopefully you won't be sans socks ala @Stevo985 ;) )

ITCrowd No One Laughing GIF - ITCrowd NoOneLaughing NotFunny GIFs

• Like 3

RV has already replied with the old "i fink I've been hacked, babes !" excuse.

Ah well, at least it's a change from all the Brexit shite that dominates the news !

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I particularly enjoyed Rebekah Vardy saying 'I can't believe you did all this while I'm heavily pregnant' 

🤗😅

Haha, they live in another world don't they.

Mrs Vardy does come across as a special kind of deluded WAG in her own millionaires bubble.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I particularly enjoyed Rebekah Vardy saying 'I can't believe you did all this while I'm heavily pregnant' 

🤗😅

"not being funny but I don't need the money"

Yeah, that'll help with public opinion.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

At best she's been allowing third parties access to her instagram account and now information only "she" was privy too has been leaked to the press.

What does she think a solicitor is going to do? Not many will want to take on the Rooney's knowing they can easily outspend them in the court room.

Will the Sun be forced to reveal their sources for the stories? Be hilarious if they say it came directly from RV :lol: 

Glad she got the pregnant thing in again, like it makes any difference.

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

Â