General Chat

Stevo985

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

At work this morning I was given the task of going through a few cupboards and throwing away a load of old of documents we don't need anymore.

It took me a few hours, but it was worth it because at one point I found a halloween decoration; a small plastic skeleton. 

I've told about 6 people so far that I've found a few skeletons in the cupboard and then produced the little decoration from my pocket and everybody has laughed and laughed and everyone loves me.

Classic Colin. :D

• Like 3

On 10 January 2017 at 11:38, chrisp65 said:

your office is currently live on Sky News

I can see a guy all in black with a sub machine gun and an ISIS flag going from floor to floor and I can see a guy that looks like Dilbert, sat at a desk with VT open on his computer screen...

Which one are you?

:crylaugh::clap:

I'm turning 35 next week.

Thirty **** five.

And friends and family think I am being grumpy when I am telling them I don't want presents. I don't need anything. If I want something I buy it. 

I've asked them to give money to one of my favourite charities instead. I just think there are better ways to spend money.

Oh and I have deactivated my Facebook because I get fed up of rolling my eyes at the people who don't speak to me all year and then wish me a happy birthday.

I'm guessing 35+ is when the grumps hit... right? :D

Seriously though. I've had so many birthdays now, they all feel the same! Give me a Villa win this weekend, that'll do me!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm looking forward to my 30s because my mom said they were her happiest years.  Kids, bit of money, you have a car/house etc.  Just enjoy everything! (Apart from work, **** work).

That is true of every decade. I can honestly say I enjoyed my 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. And I'm enjoying my 60s. 

Never understood stressing about age. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That is true of every decade. I can honestly say I enjoyed my 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. And I'm enjoying my 60s. 

Never understood stressing about age. 

I think it depends on your prospects. Some people can generally fear what's around the corner.  Age is just tied into that.

• Like 1

I should clarify - I don't mean I'm perpetually happy clappy. Plenty of shitty things have happened that made me feel miserable for varying periods of time, and I'm as capable of being a grumpy old bugger as the next man. I just mean that an awareness of being a particular age has not in itself bothered me. I've never felt that getting older is a bad thing. Once it starts to seriously affect my health I may revise that opinion. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Although I am 34 I am glad my child hood was during the 90s era. Was such a great time. Nowadays things are shit compared to then

I feel the same way about the 1960s! :)

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think 90s kids have more in common with 60s kids than they do with the current lot.  They could still play with toy guns without being actually shot, and they could climb trees before trees turned sinister.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My dad raves about the 70s how great it was when I look at old clips it certainly seemed people were abit more happier and up beat than the current era. I much preferred the 90s pre social media give me that any day (sorry villa talk as much as I love this site!)

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think 90s kids have more in common with 60s kids than they do with the current lot.  They could still play with toy guns without being actually shot, and they could climb trees before trees turned sinister.

Yeah you have a point there mate. In my day growing up we had toys and were encouraged to do activities than watching tv. Nowadays the norm is sitting in front of the tv or posting on snapchat. Kids nowadays will experience the good days that were the 80s and 90s. (Prior was before my time but even you elder villatalkers I think will say those eras were better) 

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

My only issue with 50's and 60's (assuming I get there) is the amount of friends and family dying, that can't be good.

There is that, yes. :(

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Although I am 34 I am glad my child hood was during the 90s era. Was such a great time. Nowadays things are shit compared to then

I agree pal!

Also about the social media thing. Its ok in small doses but some people live by it and people have gotten famous just by being active on there and not by any talent whatsoever. 

Different times eh! 

• Like 1

Â