General Chat

Stevo985

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

27th December, 1831

After having been twice driven back by heavy southwestern gales (and delayed due to 'drunkenness'), Her Majesty's ship Beagle, a ten-gun brig, under the command of Captain Fitz Roy, R. N., sailed from Devonport on the 27th of December, 1831.

500px-Voyage_of_the_Beagle.jpg

Interestingly he was at the debate against Darwin at Oxford and sided with Wilbourforce ( and God ) against Darwin 

I opened a current account with M&s a few days ago (£220 of m&s vouchers in the first year? Yes please!).

I've just received my debit card which looks like this. Surely somebody was taking the piss when they submitted this design.

article-2174985-1419A539000005DC-789_468

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I just walked into the break room at work and a woman I've never seen before was sat in there on her own, crying.

I did what anybody else would do, I pretended I hadn't seen her and made a beeline for the kettle.

Woman at work said to me today - "I can't believe it, put 6 lbs on over Christmas. How can it be?"

Apparently answering "It'll be all the turkey, gammon and stuffing you've shovelled down your throat like a depressed pelican" isn't the right thing to say. 

Women. I'll never understand them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Official a quarter of a century old.

I'll be in bed crying.

Goes downhill from there mate. Hit your 30's and you'll put the weight on and have the body shape of a jacket potato. 

Happy Birthday by the way! :P

BBC have a story on the front page about Ariana Grande being left sick by comments someone said to her.

The horrific encounter is shown below.  

The singer was so upset by the encounter she posted a lengthy message on Twitter detailing what happened.

She explained that the couple had gone to pick up food when a "young boy" followed them saying he was a big fan of Mac Miller. 

"I thought all of this was cute and exciting," she says in the post, "until he said "ariana is sexy as hell man i see you, i see you hitting that!!!"

Let's all #prayforariana at this deeply sad time.

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A man sat down next to me on the train and is talking to himself in two different voices. RIP me. :(

Well there wouldn't be much use in talking in one voice, he wouldn't know which was which.   :)

• Like 1

Which accents would you choose if you were talking to yourself in two voices?

I'd probably go for a thick valleys accent and then maybe a really terrible New Yoik accent... Interspersed of course with a very fast tempo commentary of what I'm doing in the style of a horse racing commentator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'd probably go for a thick valleys accent and then maybe a really terrible New Yoik accent... Interspersed of course with a very fast tempo commentary of what I'm doing in the style of a horse racing commentator.

Teesside, so I could call everyone a daft word removed

16 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

A Manc accent and a stereotypical Indian accent

Â