General Chat

Stevo985

On 01/12/2016 at 08:38, Davkaus said:

All we need to do is lower all of the tracks by about 7' or knock down all of the bridges, and then have double decker trains. Simple.

i like double decker trains. 

always wondered why we didn't have them in the UK

Feeling a bit down at the minute. Nothing specific has caused it. Work is ok, its coming up to Christmas, got some parties to go to, but I just feel a bit flat.

Meh. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Feeling a bit down at the minute. Nothing specific has caused it. Work is ok, its coming up to Christmas, got some parties to go to, but I just feel a bit flat.

Meh. 

I'll suck you off if you come to Sofia.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Meh. 

Joking aside, if you keep on feeling like that, go see your doctor. Assuming it's not alcohol or drug related blues, you've got to keep on top of your mental health.   

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ah the idea that a GP will help someone with mental health.

If that doesn't cheer Xela up by giving him a laugh, nothing will.

Yeah, better he just sits and say nothing, that'll help hey? 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Meh. 

Cardiovascular exercise and meditation. The power of both to lift one's mood and improve well being should not be underestimated.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Meh. 

It's a difficult time of year.  We have the idea of unbridled joy and abundance stuffed down our throats from the end of October, when the reality is often very different.

Over the last 10 or so years I've really struggled with Christmas, and I don't really know why.  In some respects I love it, but I tend to find myself shrouded in darkness that I just can't shake.  Perhaps it's more the passing of another year more than Christmas, the constant ticking of time.

I feel worse than ever this year though.  I shouldn't really.  I haven't really got a reason in the grand scheme of things.  I'm a bit scared, to be honest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Meh. 

I have the same. I think it's a combination of the time of the year, with current events, my job being so dull at the moment, living out of a suitcase and being away from home.

Do you find it affects your ability to get up in the morning? I've never been a morning person but I've really been struggling lately with getting up.

Also, could it be possible that you've got a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder? It's a very real thing. 

I'd suggest you buy a decent light box and use it for twenty minutes in the morning each day. You can buy a good one for about £50; it's a worthwhile investment. 

Info on light therapy here (from Columbia University):

http://www.columbia.edu/~mt12/blt.htm

Extract:

Researchers at more than 15 medical centers and clinics in both the U.S. and abroad have had much success with light therapy in patients with clear histories of SAD for at least several years. Marked improvement is usually observed within a week, if not sooner, and symptoms usually return in about the same amount of time when the lights are withdrawn. Most users, therefore, maintain a consistent daily schedule beginning, as needed, in fall or winter and usually continuing until the end of April, by which time outdoor light is sufficient to maintain good mood and high energy. Some people can skip treatments for one to three days, occasionally longer, without ill effect, but most start to slump quickly when treatment is interrupted.

• Like 2

not sure at what age it happened but the best part about christmas for me is the time off work, think it works out as 11 days this year

im very fortunate not with what i do but with how much i earn from it, financially im ok apart from mid November through to the end of January, with the presents, food, been invited to a lot of meals etc then theres the travelling round dropping presents off, trying to squeeze umpteen family members in, my missus works over christmas too so i have to schedule that in, it requires proper thought in to money and what im doing, turned a lot of it down this year, the whole thing requires a seemingly increasing amount of effort, with that in mind ive knocked villa on the head for the month, i'll do leeds at home, thats it, last year i did the home games and norwich, sunderland and wycombe away

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's a difficult time of year.  We have the idea of unbridled joy and abundance stuffed down our throats from the end of October, when the reality is often very different.

Over the last 10 or so years I've really struggled with Christmas, and I don't really know why.  In some respects I love it, but I tend to find myself shrouded in darkness that I just can't shake.  Perhaps it's more the passing of another year more than Christmas, the constant ticking of time.

I feel worse than ever this year though.  I shouldn't really.  I haven't really got a reason in the grand scheme of things.  I'm a bit scared, to be honest.

The bolded part is bang on mate, this is definitely a time of year for reflection and as you say for many people its not all about being happy. People will have had bad years, lost loved ones, fallen out with friends, not got the job they wanted or lost their current one and above all else another year ticked off their life.

It must be easy to go the other way when you are being battered with Christmas joy at every turn and its easy to think everyone else is happy and its just you when that definitely isn't the case.

Having a bit of pillow talk with the missus the other night when the subject of coffee came up. From out of nowhere her iPhone decided to join in the conversation. It had been charging by the side of the bed untouched for 10 minutes, before it remarked, "You shouldn't be drinking coffee at this time of the night".

They're taking over, AI is far more advanced than we realise. Obviously I picked her phone up and smashed it to bits.

• Like 2

Don't worry, it's all just being funnelled back to Google, Apple, Facebook, etc, so they can display coffee related ads for her, nothing at all sinister about them listening in on everything she ever says in order to effectively monetise her. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Don't worry, it's all just being funnelled back to Google, Apple, Facebook, etc, so they can display coffee related ads for her, nothing at all sinister about them listening in on everything she ever says in order to effectively monetise her. :) 

If you're not paying for the product, you ARE the product.

Â