General Chat

Stevo985

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

It must be like with Boxing titles, Tony. Occasionally there will be a unification fight, but most times there's the IBA, IBF, ABA...etc. titles.

How do you compare titles? I have "Worlds Greatest Dad" socks, does that make me a better dad than the owner of the WGD Mug?

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

How do you compare titles? I have "Worlds Greatest Dad" socks, does that make me a better dad than the owner of the WGD Mug?

In that event , I believe it goes to a tiebreak and most "likes " and "what a great Dad you are "comments on Facebook

First tie-breaker is did you take a picture of your spawn standing outside your front door on the first day back to school.  Immediate elimination if the answer is no.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

First tie-breaker is did you take a picture of your spawn standing outside your front door on the first day back to school.  Immediate elimination if the answer is no.

Ouch, I'm not sure what the rules are, the wife did it and tagged me in... does that count?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Ouch, I'm not sure what the rules are, the wife did it and tagged me in... does that count?

It's better than nothing, but it depends what the other father did.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Also, buy a 'baby on board' sticker for the car so that if you're ever in an accident, the emergency services will attend to you first :thumb:

is that like the if a female is home alone and rings 999 the police will respond within 20 mins or something  ?

Edited by Meath_Villan

Can I ask how much water does everyone on average drink a day? I been told about nothing less than 2-3 litres. For last 6 months I have been having 3 litres a day but I keep needing to go bathroom and sometimes there is no toilet in site. I am wondering if thats really necessarily to drink that volume?

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

In that event , I believe it goes to a tiebreak and most "likes " and "what a great Dad you are "comments on Facebook

Posted this last father's day, but always glad of an opportunity to repeat it. The Villa bit especially.

Screenshot_2016-06-19-13-19-27.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can I ask how much water does everyone on average drink a day? I been told about nothing less than 2-3 litres. For last 6 months I have been having 3 litres a day but I keep needing to go bathroom and sometimes there is no toilet in site. I am wondering if thats really necessarily to drink that volume?

You get water from almost everything you eat and drink though @Demitri_C to a greater or lesser degree.  The mistake people make is assuming your 2 litres needs to come from a 2 litre bottle of water.  If you eat an orange, that's mostly water etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Did this advice come from someone with an actual medical qualification? And not from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College :)

You can also drink too much water which means you'll start getting deficiencies of various salts as you are flushing them out. About 2 litres including what comes from food is probably about right. More if you are more active.

The eight glasses a day comes from (1960's?) US government advice which included water from food, not actually eight glasses of water.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Did this advice come from someone with an actual medical qualification? And not from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College :)

You can also drink too much water which means you'll start getting deficiencies of various salts as you are flushing them out. About 2 litres including what comes from food is probably about right. More if you are more active.

The eight glasses a day comes from (1960's?) US government advice which included water from food, not actually eight glasses of water.

wfvVgra.png

1945's though not 1960's  :)   ..it was called 8 x 8 for some reason ( I say this as someone who didn't know the answer to it in a quiz not so long ago )

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Yeah I have heard drinking too much water gives you problems (who would have thought?) it was from a personal trainer at my gym who told me. One other thing I found out today when drinking water is look at the ph level if it's high your good, if it's low it has more acid in it which is very bad for you apparently. 

I guess I better check that when I next buy water from aldi

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I have heard drinking too much water gives you problems (who would have thought?) it was from a personal trainer at my gym who told me. One other thing I found out today when drinking water is look at the ph level if it's high your good, if it's low it has more acid in it which is very bad for you apparently. 

And watch out for vitamin C. That's an acid with pH 2.4. Far more acidic than any water. But you'll die without it.

Please don't get dietary advice from gyms. Any clown can set themselves up as a nutritionist. Find a qualified clinical dietitian online.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

maybe it's pedantry, but that's the essence of anything that is too much isn't it? By default it means exceeding more than is healthy / appropriate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

How is it only Wednesday? Feels like it should be Friday already, mind you, already done more than 45 hours this week in 3 days. What a mug

For aslong as I've been on VT you have always said you were going to cut your hours down :)

you must love it really.

Does the international break bring to the fore our obsession with food? With little or no football to speak of, we've had the burger thread, the bacon sarnie thread and a couple of pages of apple talk in the cheer you up thread. 

What next? A new thread called "What do you have on your toast?" or "How do you peel your cumquats?".

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

Â