General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

I've done some weird things sex wise but never put a washing peg on my dick.

Was just a spare of the moment kind of thing. Was telling a work mate and he gave me one of those clips that you normally get on a clip board but I declined his offer as it would bloody hurt and I don't make an habit of doing stuff like that.

There would be uproar if this was done by some white racist group or by white lives matter. Playing the poor us card again. Fed up of us white folk getting branded racists all the time when racism from other quarters against white folk is seen as acceptable. You cannot be racist to a white person, apparently. Please don't read this post as a dig against other people who have different skin colour to me because we are all the same inside. Everyone has a different mindset to the next person whether it be a white,black,yellow or purple coloured person.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There would be uproar if this was done by some white racist group or by white lives matter. Playing the poor us card again. Fed up of us white folk getting branded racists all the time when racism from other quarters against white folk is seen as acceptable.

Are you under the impression that the call for 'black lives' to matter (ignoring the discussion about appropriation of a cause raised earlier) is something anti-white?

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There would be uproar if this was done by some white racist group or by white lives matter. Playing the poor us card again. 

_91037849_69ce954b-4339-4f27-922e-1fb154

I think they were mostly white, and campaigning to raise awareness of how climate change impacts 'black' countries.

Their banner suggests they were protesting against climate racism.

So it's a bit tricky to blame black people and say black people have been given special treatment.

Having said all that, personally, I'd have negotiated their removal from the runway with a big yellow bulldozer.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yeah, that's just what the prison system needs.

This is the third time in a few weeks they've brought infrastructure to a standstill. Letting them off easily certainly isn't what the rest of the public needs.

I don't think the prison system will collapse under the weight of another half a dozen clearings in the woods.

Edited by Davkaus

37 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Was just a spare of the moment kind of thing. Was telling a work mate and he gave me one of those clips that you normally get on a clip board but I declined his offer as it would bloody hurt and I don't make an habit of doing stuff like that.

Bulldog clip!

I don't think I've ever clipped anything to my penis...erm.... nope, nothing comes to mind

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is the third time in a few weeks they've brought infrastructure to a standstill. Letting them off easily certainly isn't what the rest of the public needs.

I don't think the prison system will collapse under the weight of another half a dozen clearings in the woods.

Would you like to elucidate on your parameters on where protest ought to lead to a custodial sentence?

Should it be when it brings 'infrastructure to a standstill', when you believe that they're clearings in the woods or when they hold you, specifically, up on the way to work? ;)

Edited by snowychap

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There would be uproar if this was done by some white racist group or by white lives matter. Playing the poor us card again. Fed up of us white folk getting branded racists all the time when racism from other quarters against white folk is seen as acceptable. You cannot be racist to a white person, apparently. Please don't read this post as a dig against other people who have different skin colour to me because we are all the same inside. Everyone has a different mindset to the next person whether it be a white,black,yellow or purple coloured person.

You can be racist to a white person, I say this an absurdly white man who has had racist language used against me.

The difference is, there is more to the language than just the words. White people effectively benefit from a historical advantage of being the 'master'. We ruled the world, we formed the world and it's institutions and it's workings and mechanisms in our image and favoured things that fit in, meanwhile other races were subjugated to, at best, conform, at worst, be forced to work in that system and considered near subhuman. Racism has subsequently become ingrained in everyday life for many people of other races unfortunately. White people simply don't have that.

If a black guy decides to call me chalky, or cracker, he's within spitting distance of paying me a backhanded complement. If I returned similar language (which I certainly wouldn't), I'm tapping into all that history of a black guy being someone not my equal, but someone who was mildly more high in rank than a dog. So in the scale of things, I think racism against white people barely registers as a thing. As a white man, I've got lifes deck stacked exceedingly in my favour. The black guy doesn't.

As for Black Lives Matter... This protest today was silly. They have a point, but I'm never going to support this kind of protest, and moreover I think it helps no-one to dilute the Black Lives Matter message by having a bunch of white people smash it into an environmental campaign. A great deal of causes are related in this world, but losing sight of core aims isn't going to assist in pushing any of them. BLM will be better focused on social issues to do with policing, justice, societal disadvantages, than broadening the message to migration crises and environment issues.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Are you under the impression that the call for 'black lives' to matter (ignoring the discussion about appropriation of a cause raised earlier) is something anti-white?

No I'm not. I know it's not anti white. Maybe I kind of went off a bit when I shouldn't of.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

You can be racist to a white person, I say this an absurdly white man who has had racist language used against me.

The difference is, there is more to the language than just the words. White people effectively benefit from a historical advantage of being the 'master'. We ruled the world, we formed the world and it's institutions and it's workings and mechanisms in our image and favoured things that fit in, meanwhile other races were subjugated to, at best, conform, at worst, be forced to work in that system and considered near subhuman. Racism has subsequently become ingrained in everyday life for many people of other races unfortunately. White people simply don't have that.

If a black guy decides to call me chalky, or cracker, he's within spitting distance of paying me a backhanded complement. If I returned similar language (which I certainly wouldn't), I'm tapping into all that history of a black guy being someone not my equal, but someone who was mildly more high in rank than a dog. So in the scale of things, I think racism against white people barely registers as a thing. As a white man, I've got lifes deck stacked exceedingly in my favour. The black guy doesn't.

As for Black Lives Matter... This protest today was silly. They have a point, but I'm never going to support this kind of protest, and moreover I think it helps no-one to dilute the Black Lives Matter message by having a bunch of white people smash it into an environmental campaign. A great deal of causes are related in this world, but losing sight of core aims isn't going to assist in pushing any of them. BLM will be better focused on social issues to do with policing, justice, societal disadvantages, than broadening the message to migration crises and environment issues.

Good post. We are less offended  by racism that is true but does it make it ok? Also why should we Be tarnished for things commited years ago by our fellow white man. I've noticed the black lives matter group has a lot of support from white people here and in the US. Are these the same white people who claim brexiters,ukip voters and people who are concerned about immigration racists? 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good post. We are less offended  by racism that is true but does it make it ok? Also why should we Be tarnished for things commited years ago by our fellow white man. I've noticed the black lives matter group has a lot of support from white people here and in the US. Are these the same white people who claim brexiters,ukip voters and people who are concerned about immigration racists? 

It isn't OK. But it's not important either. Illegal parking isn't OK either, but I'd rather police spent time on things that really harmed people. Racism against white people isn't right, but it's not significant. At all.

We aren't 'tarnished'. White people in the 21st century aren't to blame for the world that we have now. But we do benefit from it, we have the stacked deck. We can't escape that. And we haven't done enough to fix it. It's not right that the world still inherently biases against other races in many ways, that does seem to treat black lives cheaper than white and that does act against them.

I don't know what the importance of your final comment is.

• Like 3

I don't doubt for one minute that the black community have had a very hard time of it in certain places. Regarding my last sentence It's of no importance at all in the whole scheme of things, a bit like racism against white people :)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Spielberg down in Brum Town today, I managed to get a sneak peak of his forthcoming movie Ready Player One. 

I'm not sure this take will make it into the theatrical cut.  :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

cant agree 

slavery is as old as humanity itself long before the White man came along and started clapping Africans in irons and shipping them across the Atlantic 

that some countries  didn't have a flag and thus were  claimed and exploited by stronger countries / races doesn't mean that 300 years later we rewrite the rule book out of some form of guilt 

racism is racism no Ifs no buts no excuses 

• Like 4

Â