General Chat

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Aliens on the way

There are something like 50 odd zillion planets in the universe. When you think about how vast the universe is its remarkable and it's impossible to say what's out there. A universe with no time or boundaries, where does it actually end? Nowhere of course it just keeps going and going. 

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are something like 50 odd zillion planets in the universe. When you think about how vast the universe is its remarkable and it's impossible to say what's out there. A universe with no time or boundaries, where does it actually end? Nowhere of course it just keeps going and going. 

Indeed. The bigger question that needs to be answered is why do all aliens feel the need to anally probe people?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You channelling your inner Hawking? :D

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed. The bigger question that needs to be answered is why do all aliens feel the need to anally probe people?

If they ever tried to anally probe me they would lose their fingers. My arsehole clamps together like a snapping turtles jaw. I've not got much going for me apart from two beautiful kids but I've always been a bit tight around the old anus area and it's something I'm proud of.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You channelling your inner Hawking? :D

You started it :) when your lay in bed tonight think about it. It is truly astounding. We are not even a spec of dust compared to what's out there. I could spend a year just floating about the place, great.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are about 200 billion galaxies averaging about 200 billion stars each. We don't know enough to estimate numbers of planets yet.

Our universe is a spacetime. It has both time and boundaries. There isn't an end in the same way that if you walk north eventually you get to a place that you can't go any further north. The boundaries are hard to comprehend because we are still plains dwelling apes and struggle to put the boundaries into a context related to the next meal and who to shag.

I think the anal probing is only a problem without consent.

10 hours ago, limpid said:

There are about 200 billion galaxies averaging about 200 billion stars each. We don't know enough to estimate numbers of planets yet.

Our universe is a spacetime. It has both time and boundaries. There isn't an end in the same way that if you walk north eventually you get to a place that you can't go any further north. The boundaries are hard to comprehend because we are still plains dwelling apes and struggle to put the boundaries into a context related to the next meal and who to shag.

I think the anal probing is only a problem without consent.

I quoted 50 odd zillion off some dude on the radio the other day. With something that vast what do you think are the chances that there is something out there? You could have something at the opposite end of the universe but isn't it impossible to find out as it takes so many light years for light and sound to even reach that far.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

9 hours ago, limpid said:

There isn't an end in the same way that if you walk north eventually you get to a place that you can't go any further north.

Ah, yes. Deepdale, home of Preston North End. Truly the outer limit of the known multiverse.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ian Beale is two rows behind my missus at mamma Mia tonight in brum. Just thought I'd mention it.

My parents were there last night. It wasn't long ago my dad said he'd never go to a musical. He's now seen Mamma Mia twice, Jersey boys, We will rock you and maybe another.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I quoted 50 odd zillion off some dude on the radio the other day. With something that vast what do you think are the chances are that there is something out there? You could have something at the opposite end of the universe but isn't it impossible to find out as it takes so many light years for light and sound to even reach that far.

If you mean other intelligent life then yes, I think it is likely.there is other intelligent life.

The idea of being able to communicate with that life in any meaningful way is unlikely though. It's not just the distance. We are almost identical to the other great apes and we can't talk to them beyond a few hand signals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My parents were there last night. It wasn't long ago my dad said he'd never go to a musical. He's now seen Mamma Mia twice, Jersey boys, We will rock you and maybe another.

They went and saw jersey boys the other month.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â