General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Bit of geography based trivia

IMG-4087.jpg

Any guess on the blanked out words?

Clue: Its not directly to do with guns

Die because they can't afford medical treatment? 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched Toy Story with my 2 year old a couple of weeks ago.

Wait, what your lad is 2 already, I know it probably doesn’t feel like it to you and ISDKWTCH but for me it seems like yesterday you said you were going to be a Dad.  What have I done in those years, maybe one for the getting old thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

They actually serve whole steaks with a spoon in Argentina just to prove a point I think.

Mine was due to a spate of stabbings in the venue, so knives were banned. I was in downtown Manila at the time. Happy days. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Strange afternoon.

About 3 o'clock, a knock on the door, and there was a little old lady, looked about mid-80s, clearly in some distress. She asked if she could use our phone to call the police, as she was in danger. So brought her inside and dialed 999, while trying to get the story out of her. They said to keep her there, and they'd send somebody round. 

By now, it had become obvious that she had dementia. So we gave her a cup of tea, and tried to work out where she'd come from. She told us her name and that of her husband, and a quick Google showed that they were near neighbours. After a while she became more lucid, produced a mobile and phoned her husband. I took the phone and spoke to him, he confirmed that this was a regular event. He offered to come and collect her, but we felt we should wait for the cops, as arranged, just to be on the safe side. By now she was getting all upset and confused again. Eventually, the local beat cop phoned me and confirmed that he was familiar with the family, and it was OK to let her husband collect her. I called him back, and he came to fetch her. Clearly a straight-up bloke doing his best with a difficult situation. 

The local cop did pop in, and told us we did the right thing, but he'd dealt with this same lady several times, and expected to do so in future. 

The thought of getting Alzheimers scares the shit out of me.  :(

A couple of years back we had a very similar situation. We live on a short shared drive with 4 other houses. An old lady was banging on the windows and doors and shouting. Clearly confused and absolutely terrified of something but she didn’t know what. So, so sad. Police came and took her home.

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Strange afternoon.

About 3 o'clock, a knock on the door, and there was a little old lady, looked about mid-80s, clearly in some distress. She asked if she could use our phone to call the police, as she was in danger. So brought her inside and dialed 999, while trying to get the story out of her. They said to keep her there, and they'd send somebody round. 

By now, it had become obvious that she had dementia. So we gave her a cup of tea, and tried to work out where she'd come from. She told us her name and that of her husband, and a quick Google showed that they were near neighbours. After a while she became more lucid, produced a mobile and phoned her husband. I took the phone and spoke to him, he confirmed that this was a regular event. He offered to come and collect her, but we felt we should wait for the cops, as arranged, just to be on the safe side. By now she was getting all upset and confused again. Eventually, the local beat cop phoned me and confirmed that he was familiar with the family, and it was OK to let her husband collect her. I called him back, and he came to fetch her. Clearly a straight-up bloke doing his best with a difficult situation. 

The local cop did pop in, and told us we did the right thing, but he'd dealt with this same lady several times, and expected to do so in future. 

The thought of getting Alzheimers scares the shit out of me.  :(

What you going on about, your making no sense. 😂

• Haha 2

Â