General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I moved house in August. I was speaking to my new next door neighbour the other day who said her other next door neighbour was a rocket scientist.

I said "Hardly brain surgery though is it?" to quote that Mitchell and Webb sketch.

It got nothing and I think she thought I was being genuine. So I imagine she's told her neighbour and now everyone on the street already hates me.

So it's not just a persona you use on here then ;) 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

discovery found on site today

I now have a nazi SS helmet sat on top of the filing cabinet behind me, rusted to **** and a huge crack in the top which is more likely to have come from being in the ground that the actual cause of death

What's the process over there for this kind of thing? It's an offence to have that stuff in your possession isn't it?

We've today purchased a well overdue new set of knives.

Ran my thumb gently over the bread knife to check it was sharp and can confirm it is

My thumb is now a ragged bloody stump

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ran my thumb gently over the bread knife to check it was sharp and can confirm it is

Good job you didn't test out the meat cleaver first isn't it

35 minutes ago, limpid said:

What's the process over there for this kind of thing? It's an offence to have that stuff in your possession isn't it?

Construction so uxo you have to declare to the police - we've already red carded a guy from site who walked around showing everyone the bullet he found, the police don't give a ****

Helmet and gear etc not so sure, tell no one in case it's of historical signifance and they close your site or give you someone on a watching brief

Ownership of the items as collectables etc yeah I think that's illegal

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You obviously don't own a chainsaw.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

discovery found on site today

I now have a nazi SS helmet sat on top of the filing cabinet behind me, rusted to **** and a huge crack in the top which is more likely to have come from being in the ground that the actual cause of death

Amazing what you find in Kidderminster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/10/2023 at 05:52, Paddywhack said:

I moved house in August. I was speaking to my new next door neighbour the other day who said her other next door neighbour was a rocket scientist.

I said "Hardly brain surgery though is it?" to quote that Mitchell and Webb sketch.

It got nothing and I think she thought I was being genuine. So I imagine she's told her neighbour and now everyone on the street already hates me.

No point in trying to postpone the inevitable, though, eh? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I know it's not a lot of peoples thing, but I'm quite enjoying seeing Halloween decs up in the odd spots.  I think we could get way more mileage out of Halloween, it's fun and I get to eat loads of sweets :) 

We’ll be in America for Halloween this year so it should be fun to see how they do it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ll be in America for Halloween this year so it should be fun to see how they do it.

Probably lots of whooping and shooting of innocents I expect 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

My oldest friend from Stourbridge is coming over for a visit and really wantd to come at Halloween so he could see it.

So much pressure on my neighbors now!

Â