General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Can anyone recommend places to park outside of North London with a tube station? Ideally on a line which runs into King’s cross station. 

The plan is to leave the car there on a Saturday morning, head into London until around tea time on Sunday and then drive back. 

Not sure about Kings Cross, but I’ve parked Rayners Lane before, it’s in the Piccadilly line and is pretty cheap to park there 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The NCP website isn’t currently playing ball, keeps telling me no car parks available. I’ll keep trying.

Theres a very cheap spot near Wembley Park, anyone used Just Park before?

F266-A0-D6-D7-E1-40-F0-87-D3-12202-EC310

Edit: Just noticed next to Wembley Park station there’s an Asda with a bookable car park. £25 for the 2 days and will be convenient if we need to buy anything or fill up the car.

I think I have a plan then! I’ll run it by the Mrs later, and wait for her to say she doesn’t want to go :lol: 

I've used just park twice, once in liverpool once in leeds.

Both times it was spot on Its just like air b&b for parking so i guess it depends which spot you book to how good it is.

But both times I've used it in a central location and it's been a quarter of the price of one of the big car parks

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

The NCP website isn’t currently playing ball, keeps telling me no car parks available. I’ll keep trying.

Edit: Just noticed next to Wembley Park station there’s an Asda with a bookable car park. £25 for the 2 days and will be convenient if we need to buy anything or fill up the car.

I think I have a plan then! I’ll run it by the Mrs later, and wait for her to say she doesn’t want to go :lol: 

I used yourparkingspace for the cup game at Old Trafford. Worked a dream. Not used that one though. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve spent some time looking into that. It’s expensive, I can’t find a return fare for the Sunday, I’ll probably end up stood next to the smelly toilet for 90 mins and they’ll probably **** me over with a strike or maintenance at the 11th hour. 

With 4 of us going it’s cheaper and less hassle to drive down to Wembley tbh.

Which is a damning indictment really. 

• Like 1

One of the more bizarre/stupid stories I've seen recently.

Back in November 4 students in a sleepy US town were brutally murdered. In the weeks since there's been extremely limited progress made on solving the case. Enter some random Tiktoker. She starts, seemingly without any justification outside of tarot cards (genuinely), claiming the murderer is a particular university professor. Obviously the professor's lawyers get involved. The Tiktoker doubles down. She appears to either not understand, or not care, not only is she going to be sued to death, that her **** around is liable to cause harm to the investigation and the victim's families, which will have its own punishments.

Mental.

• Shocked 1

Went to The Station in King's Heath last night. 

Stuck my head round the door of the back room and asked the guy on the door what kind of band they had on that night. 

A bloke in full Sergeant Pepper regalia suddenly chipped in with "We've got a psychedelic rock band on." 

I said you don't say, there's a subtle clue going on right there. 

My thought as I walked away was its a good job @bicksterwasn't paying a visit there. The sight of a bloke going full Sargeant Pepper might unhinge him 😁

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Stuck my head round the door of the back room and asked the guy on the door what kind of band they had on that night. 

A bloke in full Sergeant Pepper regalia suddenly chipped in with "We've got a psychedelic rock band on." 

I said you don't say, there's a subtle clue going on right there. 

My thought as I walked away was its a good job @bicksterwasn't paying a visit there. The sight of a bloke going full Sargeant Pepper might unhinge him 😁

Maybe it was Bicks in the costume and he’s been trolling us this whole time………

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Back in November 4 students in a sleepy US town were brutally murdered. In the weeks since there's been extremely limited progress made on solving the case. Enter some random Tiktoker. She starts, seemingly without any justification outside of tarot cards (genuinely), claiming the murderer is a particular university professor. Obviously the professor's lawyers get involved. The Tiktoker doubles down. She appears to either not understand, or not care, not only is she going to be sued to death, that her **** around is liable to cause harm to the investigation and the victim's families, which will have its own punishments.

Mental.

The twist is that the professor turns out to be the murderer all along and is actually a serial killer. Police only find out after the Tiktoker is murdered.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Mental.

Suspect arrested now. Not the one suggested by the tarot, surprisingly. A 28yo arrested in Pennsylvania. Post grad student in criminal studies, bizarrely.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Mental.

These kind of people really piss me off. I remember watching an Elisa Lam documentary where a load of ‘internet sleuths’ wrongly accused a musician of her murder which led to him being harassed to the point of attempted suicide. No repercussions for the accusers in this case but the musician ended up in therapy and doesn’t make music any more. It’s so wrong. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Suspect arrested now. Not the one suggested by the tarot, surprisingly. A 28yo arrested in Pennsylvania. Post grad student in criminal studies, bizarrely.

I saw a couple vids of her she looks very unhinged. She needs help

On 28/12/2022 at 14:56, Genie said:

I've used JustPark and yourparkingspace quite a few times with no issues. The only time in London was for an England game at Wembley on someone's drive.

I've used it at a couple of Asda car parks too. I got a fine at Worcester but got it rescinded.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I went to that pub about 40 years ago. I thought it was a nice old codgers pub back then. I would have fitted in great today. As much as I love the Beatles, I'm not sure it would be for me today.

42 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

As much as he is a massive nobhead, fair play to him for not going down the Botox route. Most celebs that age look like balloons

Natural hair colour, you think? 

• Haha 1

Â