General Chat

Stevo985

18 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d like to take my lad to a Barcelona or Real Madrid match, does anyone know of a good / reliable way to get tickets or packages?

If you're going to Spain anyway  you can just buy from the ground itself as they have kiosks open prior to the game to sell matchday tickets.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Does anyone here have the chase credit card? The one with 1% cashback on 'everything'. Just wondering if it's worth getting to save a few quid

its a bank account not a credit card. yes it's worth getting. good app and the 1% cashback is great. only valid for a year though and there are some exceptions (transfers, betting etc) but most things are included.

also has a round up account where if you buy something for £1.90 for example it will put the odd 10p into this account at 5% interest.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2022 at 05:47, Rodders said:

Why is it stories like this, the archaeologist, marine bod / expert etc always seem to have peculiarly great names...

Without any exaggeration this is the finest wooden shipwreck I have ever seen - by far," said marine archaeologist Mensun Bound there's got to be some kind of nominative determinism involved with that.

Nominative Determinism would have been an even better name - if he'd found it that is.

On 10/03/2022 at 08:08, peterw said:

His brother Homeward is gutted he missed it.

I hear his Far Eastern cousin Thai Dan is into kinky stuff as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The weird sensation that spending more time in On Topic will be better for my mental health

Until today! 

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The weird sensation that spending more time in On Topic will be better for my mental health

Clearly our loss today is not actually due to the third kit but is all down to this post. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg.381ef359b960a72ffeaf84decaffd015.jpg

Giant hogweed.

It does this.

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg.5b209cd0e1f19918ba8466ca034df74d.jpg

The sap makes skin sensitive to sunlight. You just burn. The effect can last a good while, occasionally years.

It grows in the UK, matches the local flora and likes river banks.

WTF? Bit rude.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Giant hogweed.

It does this.

The sap makes skin sensitive to sunlight. You just burn. The effect can last a good while, occasionally years.

WTF? Bit rude.

There’s plenty of this alongside the river near me. It’s been reported to the EA but the best they can muster is a haphazard spraying which kills some, but not all, of it. It grows back each year. 

It’s horrible stuff, I’m glad I know what to watch out for, I bet plenty touch it and end up in a lot of pain. 

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

There’s plenty of this alongside the river near me. It’s been reported to the EA but the best they can muster is a haphazard spraying which kills some, but not all, of it. It grows back each year. 

It’s horrible stuff, I’m glad I know what to watch out for, I bet plenty touch it and end up in a lot of pain. 

Impressed they did more than just put up a sign. 

Going to settle into Off Topic for a bit. Getting very, very tired of dismissive, hyperbolic, knee jerk, childish, condescending and keyboard-angry posts on the Villa Talk forum. Sure I’m probably guilty of some myself but that forum sure doesn’t bring be joy anymore. 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 14:40, Xann said:

Giant hogweed.

It does this.

WTF? Bit rude.

We have a similar plant here called maiden plum. That stuff is also a bastard to human skin. 

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

History books 2002 - 2018 meh

History books 2019-2022 what the actual **** was going on there then?

Financial crisis? Afghan and Iraqi wars? Arab spring, Syria and ISIS? The social media and internet revolution. 

Just to name a few. 

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Financial crisis? Afghan and Iraqi wars? Arab spring, Syria and ISIS? The social media and internet revolution. 

Just to name a few. 

maybe it was just my school but i would class that as culture and cultural history wasn't taught, not even for context 

BLM too, i cant breathe was 2014, the florida security guard shooting, ferguson, theres been plenty before the floyd riots - but again say for example when they skimmed over vietnam and the cuban missile crisis and the cold war they never touched on the civil rights movement

was thinking about it the other day and whether or not at some point history at school will move away from events and towards things that shape the world the kids actually live in, like the civil rights movement, like windrush, brexit and the original creation of the EU, israel and palestine, 9/11

do you teach them the industrial revolution or do you teach them why there are security scanners at airports? keep a wide impact or narrow it down in to specifics which they will relate to more

Â