General Chat

Stevo985

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seriously amateurish, in my heyday I could skin up without the use of a flat surface, generally just using the palm of my hand. I was notorious for it. People used to wake me up just to skin up for them because they were too stoned already.

If skinning up was an Olympic Sport, I'd have been a medal contender

X person. “Can you skin up for me please” and this was me that smoked rollies. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seriously amateurish, in my heyday I could skin up without the use of a flat surface, generally just using the palm of my hand. I was notorious for it. People used to wake me up just to skin up for them because they were too stoned already.

If skinning up was an Olympic Sport, I'd have been a medal contender

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would it be any better if they were all sipping cans of beer out of interest? 

I don’t advocate doing it in a kids park, or when kids are around but I really hope we get to a point where smoking weed isn’t seen as a heinous act.

My only issue with it, is it **** stinks. We had a woman living in my apartment block and she was always smoking weed. The communal hallway stunk and the flat opposite, stunk of it as well. Thats not fair. People shouldn't be subject to other peoples stink 

She's gone now thankfully. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

My only issue with it, is it **** stinks. We had a woman living in my apartment block and she was always smoking weed. The communal hallway stunk and the flat opposite, stunk of it as well. Thats not fair. People shouldn't be subject to other peoples stink 

She's gone now thankfully. 

Same here.

Where I used to live there was a teenage lad who’d smoke weed in the garden when his parents went out. I really don’t care about it, but the smell wafting into my house really pissed me off. 

• Like 1

Thing is though, it’s not even a bad smell, it’s a far nicer smell than a standard cigarette for example, I’d wager that at least part of the issue with the smell is because it’s synonymous with thinking of it as a drug,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thing is though, it’s not even a bad smell, it’s a far nicer smell than a standard cigarette for example, I’d wager that at least part of the issue with the smell is because it’s synonymous with thinking of it as a drug,

I absolutely can't stand the smell and I shouldn't be subjected to that kind of smell when walking through the communal hallways of my apartment complex, or for that matter, when I'm trying to sleep and the disgusting smell wafts in through my window.  

Edited by trekka

8 minutes ago, trekka said:

I absolutely can't stand the smell and I shouldn't be subjected to that kind of smell when walking through the communal hallways of my apartment complex, or for that matter, when I'm trying to sleep and the disgusting smell wafts in through my window.  

Okay, cool.

Seems totally OTT but whatever floats your boat, I can’t wait for it to be legalised.

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It is a bad smell.

It stinks. It stinks like next door invading your space with the pervasive smell of pine disinfectant, or fags, or Lynx Africa, or cabbage. If it’s unwanted by others, its pollution and its inconsiderate.

Okay, well I hate fish so therefore anyone cooking fish is an affront to my personal space.

I also hate cheese, perhaps I should start considering every person who eats cheese as inconsiderate.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all agreed on what did and didn't smell nice .  The reason why we don't is we need ALL the smells of the spectrum to make a rainbow of Aromas.

Every inside needs an outside.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay, well I hate fish so therefore anyone cooking fish is an affront to my personal space.

I also hate cheese, perhaps I should start considering every person who eats cheese as inconsiderate.

I think you’re almost getting the point.

Imagine your next door neighbour had a little kitchen sink cheese business, and at night your house smells of cheese. If you open your windows, it smells of cheese. The lift to your flat smells of cheese. If you go walk through the park, it smells of cheese.

It’s like the good old bad old days when people smoked fags on the bus or the train or in the pub and you’d get home and as a none smoker your clothes were full of rank fag smoke. But smokers couldn’t smell it, so argued that everything was just fine.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never experienced that with people that eat cheese.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you’re almost getting the point.

Imagine your next door neighbour had a little kitchen sink cheese business, and at night your house smells of cheese. If you open your windows, it smells of cheese. The lift to your flat smells of cheese. If you go walk through the park, it smells of cheese.

It’s like the good old bad old days when people smoked fags on the bus or the train or in the pub and you’d get home and as a none smoker your clothes were full of rank fag smoke. But smokers couldn’t smell it, so argued that everything was just fine.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never experienced that with people that eat cheese.

All fine and well but then you’re exaggerating, I doubt anyone is surrounded by an inescapable smell of weed, or anything to that point unless they happen to live next door to a tip or some kind of manufacturing business, in the case of the latter I’d argue that’s their own fault for choosing to live there but this is going way off piste from the original point.

I think there are many worse smells out there than weed, I get some dont want to smell it but then that’s life, sometimes you have to just compromise and live and let live.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All fine and well but then you’re exaggerating, I doubt anyone is surrounded by an inescapable smell of weed, or anything to that point unless they happen to live next door to a tip or some kind of manufacturing business, in the case of the latter I’d argue that’s their own fault for choosing to live there but this is going way off piste from the original point.

I think there are many worse smells out there than weed, I get some dont want to smell it but then that’s life, sometimes you have to just compromise and live and let live.

It really isn't that simple.  My neighbour for instance is asthmatic and avoids the lift because the stench of the leftover smell really affects her.  Then the poor old dear has to walk (thankfully only two floors) up the stairs. 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you smoke it then I imagine it’s lovely, to everyone else and the vast majority it stinks and we’d rather not have to smell it. 

• Like 3

Â