General Chat

Stevo985

I absolutely concede that there’s a time and place for it, and that place should be outdoors, particularly if we’re talking an apartment block.

I guess I’ve gotten a little affronted by the discussion because as is no doubt abundantly clear at this point, I do smoke it myself.

I smoke it in my garden or when I’m out waking the dog typically, when out with the dog I ensure as best possible to smoke it only when I have clear space around me, I don’t go round blowing it in peoples faces. The garden is a little trickier and is something I’m becoming more aware of every time I do it, the neighbours haven’t said anything but I do worry that they judge me on it, I’ve taken to going to the back of the garden, as far away from them as possible but I can’t really do any more than that other than stop smoking it, which for multiple reasons, I would prefer not to do.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I absolutely concede that there’s a time and place for it, and that place should be outdoors, particularly if we’re talking an apartment block.

I guess I’ve gotten a little affronted by the discussion because as is no doubt abundantly clear at this point, I do smoke it myself.

I smoke it in my garden or when I’m out waking the dog typically, when out with the dog I ensure as best possible to smoke it only when I have clear space around me, I don’t go round blowing it in peoples faces. The garden is a little trickier and is something I’m becoming more aware of every time I do it, the neighbours haven’t said anything but I do worry that they judge me on it, I’ve taken to going to the back of the garden, as far away from them as possible but I can’t really do any more than that other than stop smoking it, which for multiple reasons, I would prefer not to do.

Sorry if I appeared a little aggressive earlier.  It sounds like you're doing everything you can to mitigate any effect on neighbours etc which I'm sure is very much appreciated. 

Thanks for being so open too,  I can jump in at times without understanding circumstances.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its all about moderation and being respectful of other people, especially when you live in an apartment block. The chap in the flat beneath me had his music very loud last Saturday for about 3 hours. But it was the first time i'd heard him in six months so that was ok. If I could hear his music 12 hours a day, every day, we'd be having a frank exchange of words and i'd be jumping up and down wearing clogs to get my own back! 

I knew a bloke who lived in a 1st floor flat and the bloke beneath him would play his music for hours and took great pleasure in telling him he had no intention of stopping or turning it down. 

So....the bloke i knew got his revenge by rolling a glass milk bottle across his tiled bedroom and living room floors all night....rolling it the length of the room and then back again....for 8 hours solid. He deprived himself of a night's sleep to do it but it did the trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s all different, it seems like you at least make the effort so that neighbours and those around you aren’t affected by it. A lot of others don’t bother. I think the vast majority aren’t bothered by smelling it now and again, it’s inevitable. We were all talking about if it’s a constant thing that some people would have to put up with all the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trekka said:

Sorry if I appeared a little aggressive earlier.  It sounds like you're doing everything you can to mitigate any effect on neighbours etc which I'm sure is very much appreciated. 

Thanks for being so open too,  I can jump in at times without understanding circumstances.  

No worries man, I was probably being a bit too sensitive because of my own insecurities, no apology required and I think it was a healthy debate 👍

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 15:35, sidcow said:

Blimey.  2 Apache attack helicopters have just flown over the house.  Solihull is now on the front line.

OK now a Typhoon Jet Fighter has just flown right over the house.  Now I really am getting worried! 

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

OK now a Typhoon Jet Fighter has just flown right over the house.  Now I really am getting worried! 

Ah, is that what I photographed in the “wonder” thread?

Just now, PieFacE said:

Had our first 12 week scan today. Seems i'm going to be a parent. 50% excited, 50% absolutely shitting myself :lol:

Good news, shitting yourself is something you’re going to be able to delegate down to junior pieface very soon.

That’s one less thing to worry about.

Congrats!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Had our first 12 week scan today. Seems i'm going to be a parent. 50% excited, 50% absolutely shitting myself :lol:

Great stuff mate - gratz to you and the other half.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Are you hoping for a certain type of pie? 

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Glee Congratulations GIF

• Haha 1

Â