General Chat

Stevo985

25 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Anyone know why BBC are claiming to show Live coverage of the women's semis at Eastbourne today, yet the broadcast starts 2 hours after it starts? Am I missing something. 

Ta

On the red button only maybe?

Glad they're showing that and not Live coverage of the men's semis :lol:

• Haha 1

Just back from a game of bowling with my lad. They aren’t making you change shoes now ‘cos of Covid. 
Makes you wonder what the point of that whole debarked is. I looked up and down the lanes and nobody was doing the Bambi on ice routine. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just back from a game of bowling with my lad. They aren’t making you change shoes now ‘cos of Covid. 
Makes you wonder what the point of that whole debarked is. I looked up and down the lanes and nobody was doing the Bambi on ice routine. 

The shoes enable slide not add grip

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They should be optional, I bet less than 5% of people opt for them 

The other reason they want you to use bowling shoes is that they don't mark the run up in the lanes

Less than 5% of people can bowl properly then, to bowl properly you really need bowling shoes. If you are going to walk up and drop the ball and attempt make a crater in the lane then you don't need shoes

7 hours ago, Genie said:

They should be optional, I bet less than 5% of people opt for them 

I've been to a few bowling alleys (the perks of my job) in the last ten years, and I don't think any of them insisted on bowling shoes any more.

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The other reason they want you to use bowling shoes is that they don't mark the run up in the lanes

Less than 5% of people can bowl properly then, to bowl properly you really need bowling shoes. If you are going to walk up and drop the ball and attempt make a crater in the lane then you don't need shoes

You been watching me bowling? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Oh so that's what TBAR referred to. Only TBAR I know of was this guy.

RAW_09212020CG_04900--7cb1bae36c1b5631b7

In what way was it full of weirdos?

Was going to respond on a TBAR thread I found but it was locked. 

I can't remember the exact details but as @StanBalaban suggested they had very odd ideas about the 2016 takeover and used to ban people for all sorts of daft things.

I only became aware of it because of people on here taking the piss out of it but it now seems to have expired. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was going to respond on a TBAR thread I found but it was locked. 

I can't remember the exact details but as @StanBalaban suggested they had very odd ideas about the 2016 takeover and used to ban people for all sorts of daft things.

I only became aware of it because of people on here taking the piss out of it but it now seems to have expired. 

It's not much of a thread:

• Haha 1

Apparently I've earned some awards and ranks on Villatalk. Assuming that's a new thing? 

My badges are 'rare'... That's exciting. I feel like I'm playing Pokémon or something. 

Edited by Rds1983

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Apparently I've earned some awards and ranks on Villatalk. Assuming that's a new thing? 

My badges are 'rare'... That's exciting. I feel like I'm playing Pokémon or something. 

@limpid has mentioned this on site issues. 

• Thanks 1

Â