The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Drive is on BBC Three on Thursday with the re-scored soundtrack by Zane Lowe. One of my favourite film soundtracks so not sure how I feel about that.

I've not seen Drive. I think I'd quite like to, but I'm not sure if I should watch this Drive. I'm confused now. 

Yep, said as much when I mentioned it before.

It's a cool idea. I'm gonna watch it.

But rescoring a film where the soundtrack is pretty much perfect is very ambitious.

Cant help thinking they'd have been better off going for a film with an imperfect soundtrack and trying to improve on it.

The Babadook is brilliant in my opinion.

I think it gives you the feeling you wouldn't want to be in the situation but most importantly, opposite to a lot of gory-type horror films, you side with the protagonist and don't want her to be there either.

Very interesting film.

• Like 1

They're showing it with the original soundtrack on the red button, apparently.

Watch it with the original soundtrack, it's a vital part of the film and it's atmosphere. The redone soundtrack might be an interesting diversion for fans of the film, but your first watch should be as it's intended, IMO.

Ta bab!

The Babadook is brilliant in my opinion.

I think it gives you the feeling you wouldn't want to be in the situation but most importantly, opposite to a lot of gory-type horror films, you side with the protagonist and don't want her to be there either.

Very interesting film.

Hopefully booked in to see this on Halloween. Can't wait!
  • Like 1

Drive is on BBC Three on Thursday with the re-scored soundtrack by Zane Lowe. One of my favourite film soundtracks so not sure how I feel about that.

I've not seen Drive. I think I'd quite like to, but I'm not sure if I should watch this Drive. I'm confused now. 

If it wasn't so hyped, I probably would've been less disappointed. That said, it's a decent flick, worth a watch. 

They're showing it with the original soundtrack on the red button, apparently.

Watch it with the original soundtrack, it's a vital part of the film and it's atmosphere. The redone soundtrack might be an interesting diversion for fans of the film, but your first watch should be as it's intended, IMO.

Ta bab!

...ba dook dook dook...

fury - very good, got a good mix between the grimness and violence of it all whilst still remaining a character study more than anything else, all of the 5 main characters are good, it looks and sounds great, like someone else said best war film probably since letters from iwo jima

babadook.jpg

One for the horror movie fans. It's getting some incredible reviews at the moment and if what i've read is to be believed, it's one of the best contemporary horrors for a long time.

Supposedly eschews the usual 'silence...silence ***BANG***!' scares of most modern horrors in favour of an effective story and well built tension.

As a horror fanatic, i'm looking forward to it :thumb:

I would like to second these sentiments. Looks proper. I watched the trailer with trepidation, hoping for not too many spoilers. There is an unnecessary reveal, but it does a great job of selling the film.

Cinema then home to sleep with the lights on I reckon. Can't wait.

Looks great.

I've said before that horror is a funny one with me.

Generally I don't like it, because I think horror is so so easy to do badly, and so 95% of horror films put there are crap.

But when its done right, it's fantastic.

Going to see this tonight. Genuinely excited.
Also seeing this tonight. Quite intrigued, not normally a horror fan.

Why have I not heard about this before now? I'm a massive horror buff so I might go and see it tomorrow

Â