The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Oh, forgot to add the Daniel Craig version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Having not read the book, I can't enter the chat you were having earlier about why it is better than the original film. All I know is I enjoyed the Craig version a lot more than the first one.

And I seem to be watching an awful lot more films these days too !! Probably because all my bloody TV programmes are ending :angry:

Citizen Kane.Quite good!

I really want to see that but it never seems to be on telly and I'm not buying it.

I saw it on TV (on not long ago here) for the first time recently. I understand why it's such an important film, and why it's considered a classic, but I couldn't call it one of my favourites.

But at least I understand the rosebud/snowglobe parody from The Simpsons now :D

It's funny, as it became clear what was going to happen (the chick bends him over, pretends to **** him, puts her thumb in his gob, then scrapes it down his back...) the first thing I thought was Postma, quickly followed by VT. The film was Simon Killer btw :-P

Edited by hogso

Just saw "the station agent", very good film. I'm more into low budget indi films that big blockbusters.

It's been recommended by myself and a few others in this very thread. A superb movie.

Watched Prince of Jutland/Royal Deceit. an early 90s film with an awesome cast (Bale, Helen Mirren, Gabriel Byrne, Kate Beckinsale, Tom Wilkinson even Andy Serkis and Mark Williams among others) but a real let down of a movie.

was advertised as Viking movie but was just was a poor version of Hamlet

Just saw "the station agent", very good film. I'm more into low budget indi films that big blockbusters.

It's been recommended by myself and a few others in this very thread. A superb movie.

Ok, Michelle Williams only played a minor role, but I also liked her  in the movie Wendy and Lucy but not so much Blue Valentine, probably because Ryan Gosling was screwing her.

Oh, forgot to add the Daniel Craig version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Having not read the book, I can't enter the chat you were having earlier about why it is better than the original film. All I know is I enjoyed the Craig version a lot more than the first one.

Welcome to the Correct Club. The remake is better than the Swedish original by an obscene distance. The only people who disagree are pretentious arises.

;)

• Like 1

Just a flashy Wallander, innit.

Are they making the second and third ones? Both of those could be mightily improved from the books and the Swedish made-for-TV versions.

Although I could live without them, as I could easily have lived without the second and third books.

Welcome to the Correct Club. The remake is better than the Swedish original by an obscene distance. The only people who disagree are pretentious arises.

;)

for me they were exactly the same movie but in a different language. Wasnt really anything that much different.

though agree with CED id prefer to see a Fincher version of the 2nd and 3rd books as be a lot better

Â