The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just finished rewatching the lotr trilogy.. My god they are so good. Yes they differ from the books (which I have read). But they are still a great trilogy. The cinetography is so good, for example minas tirath in return of the king is fantastic. Think Tolkein would be very happy with the way the books are portrayed

But would be horrified by what they did to The Hobbit. 

Just finished rewatching the lotr trilogy.. My god they are so good. Yes they differ from the books (which I have read). But they are still a great trilogy. The cinetography is so good, for example minas tirath in return of the king is fantastic. Think Tolkein would be very happy with the way the books are portrayed

Agreed, that to me was just a money making thing.. The Hobbit book is quite small and not very detailed yet they have decided to fill out 3 films..

Takashi Miike is mental, GOZU still ranks as one of the most bizarre films I've ever seen.

Bought Chronicle, The Guard, Biutiful and Fast Times at Ridgemont High while I was out today, all for a fiver a film.

Agreed, that to me was just a money making thing.. The Hobbit book is quite small and not very detailed yet they have decided to fill out 3 films..

And changed all the details anyway. I know the LOTR was changed a lot as well, but for the most part the changes were needed, the books are too slow paced to be made into a film. The Hobbit didn't need so much change but they've been made for the sake of, much to the detriment of the story. 

And changed all the details anyway. I know the LOTR was changed a lot as well, but for the most part the changes were needed, the books are too slow paced to be made into a film. The Hobbit didn't need so much change but they've been made for the sake of, much to the detriment of the story.
Yep could've just been one film, not changed the story and would've been good. Agreed the changes in lotr were beneficial and helped it flow (for film purposes).

HEY CED. POSTING UFC GIFS IS TEGIS' JOB. I hope you had his permission to do that.

I am watching Fifth Element. It's still awesome.

Edited by hogso

I can't agree there. It is 98% great, but that 2% Chris Tucker is enough to keep it away from any favourite list of mine.

I think he's perfect for that role to be honest.

Just saw Oblivion.

Unsurprisingly for a film that appears to have had its plot devised by putting every script to every sci-fi film ever in a tumble dryer and filming what came out, its spectacularly average.

watched Dredd. Very entertaining. Karl Urban is woefully underrated actor(except the dreadful Pathfinder)

also got around to watching Shooter, decent film but can hardly understand a word Wahlberg says in it

Watched Sinister the other day. Really liked it. It never really scared me, but it was still unpleasant. 6.5/10.

Then I watched Ladyhawke yesterday. Haven't watched it in almost 20 years and I still like it. Though I have to say that the soundtrack surprised me. Never thought of it at the time I saw it the first time, but pop music from the 80's suited to a film like Beverly Hills cop does not fit in a medieval fantasy film. 6.5/10 for that one too, I think.

Only watched Ladyhawke for the first time a couple years ago, and "what the **** is going on with this soundtrack?" is almost the first thing I remarked to the missus.

Rutger Hauer as freaking wolf though.  F**k yeah.

Edited by GarethRDR

Â