The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Prometheus is woeful, Michael Bay films look good are they decent? Nope.

The script is terrible, it doesn't make sense, what the characters do doesn't make sense and apart from Fassbender the acting is woeful as well.

Each to their own though, i like Vertical Limit (the acting is better though)

The sequel to Prometheus has been announced...I don't know why there is so much hatred for the movie, I thought it was excellent. You don't expect great writing from these types of movies, but the visuals were superior. Really great film to look at. It was the first movie I've seen with Michael Fassbender, and he was very good as a "David". The Lawrence of Arabia angle was amusing. Noomi Rapace wasn't quite as kick ass as she was in the Dragon Tattoo, but w/e, she's still good. The guy that played her boyfriend was kind of a knob though.

Have you seen 300 ?

Isn't Alien the Prometheus sequel ? taz.gif

It's ONE of the Prometheus sequels ;)

We've got 2 more films to go before Alien, apparently.

Oh, goody. I must get around to watching Prometheus so. In fact, I'd best go on a refresher course and watch the originals again. It's been a while.

Isn't Alien the Prometheus sequel ? taz.gif

It's ONE of the Prometheus sequels ;)

We've got 2 more films to go before Alien, apparently.

Oh, goody. I must get around to watching Prometheus so. In fact, I'd best go on a refresher course and watch the originals again. It's been a while.

That's what I did (sort of). Found the third one a little boring. Didn't bother with the fourth. Alien is easily the best of the lot.

I watched The Master again last night. The first time I thought it was really good and up there with PT Anderson's best work. The second time i'm leaning towards it actually being his best work. Definitely warrants a repeated viewing.

• Like 1

Prometheus was damn-near Resurrection levels of terrible.  What the f**k kind of hyper-advanced, space-faring civilisation makes their car-keys out of flutes, fer cryin' out loud?!  Oh, and...

i-LZg3Rz5-950x10000.jpg

Prometheus was damn-near Resurrection levels of terrible.  What the f**k kind of hyper-advanced, space-faring civilisation makes their car-keys out of flutes, fer cryin' out loud?!  Oh, and...

i-LZg3Rz5-950x10000.jpg

Prometheus was no where near as bad as Resurrection. That's in another universe of bad.

Also, in regards to the comic. :P  This happens in like every movie ever made. 

I for one, look forward to the Prometheus sequel.

Edited by Ghost

Saw the new star trek movie last night on an advanced screening

If you liked the 1st one you will love this. It is very good, and has plenty of little winks to the old movies/tv shows to keep trekkies happy (even as a non-trekkie I got some of them)

Also the lens flare has been dialled back which helps

Edited by Mozzavfc

I posted this on TSR some time ago, and seeing as the topic has kind of come up here, I will repost it in this thread

~~List of favourite movies from the ALIEN series (not including AVP)~~ by hogso

1. Aliens

2. Alien

3. Prometheus

4. Alien Resurrection

5. Alien 3

and before anyone says it, yes, I have seen the alternate cut of Alien 3.

Watched 'I give it a year' bit of a mediocre romcom where you just sort of titter along.

However near the beginning and during the wedding 'first dance' scene involving Stephen Merchant its very much a laugh out loud and rewind moment.

Edited by Houlston

Alien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens

It's a close call, but I'm willing to forgive Aliens' faults more readily than I am those in Alien, so it wins.

Definitely. Aliens is an absolute joy to watch and as a breakneck speed action movie it's hard to fault, but Alien (although a different kind of animal) is better imo.

It's a close call, but I'm willing to forgive Aliens' faults more readily than I am those in Alien, so it wins.

It's not really close, imo.

Aliens is a great film.

But Alien is superb. As Designer1 said, they're vastly different films, so hard to compare them. But Alien is superior, imo.

• Like 1

Â