The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Chindie speaks the truth, as discussed at length previously in this topic.

Not sure how you can say they're the same. Apart from the storyline obviously being largely the same, they're incredibly different films.

And yeah, they're planning on making the rest but last I read Fincher isn't nailed on to direct them.

The Invasion 

Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman

I really did not know what to make of this movie 

It was no where near as good as Invasion of the body snatchers thats for sure

I watched

220px-Dreamcatcherposter.jpg

As I very recently finished the book, in my on going journey through King's bibliography, I got the film too.

It's such a mess. Jeez. Morgan Freeman, good actor. But possibly the single worst casting of a character I've ever seen in this. They must surely have thought when casting it 'hm, we need a bit more star quality in the cast. I don't think Morgan freeman is doing anything, let's cast him as the insane gut totting military colonel, it'll be great!'

Then there's Duddits. A down syndrome boy/man, pretty difficult character to cast/transfer to the big screen. They give him a silly catchphrase, and turn his way of talking into something quite comical. He calls the main gray boy 'Mistah Gay'. It's funny. It shouldn't be.

Oh Yeh then they changed the ending so Duds is actually an alien. And that guy from Homeland is Jonesy, and his gives Mr Gray a permanent 'posh English' accent which is hilarious. You'd expect King himself did the screenplay and directed it, it's so mental (see Maximum Overdrive (or not))

I will say, 5/10, for being unintentionally hilarious.

Agreed, it's awfull. But King movies tend to be either awfull or just slighlty better, this one, It, maximum overdrie, langollers, etc, or awesome like Shawshank redemption, The green mile, Stand by me. As long as King himself doesn't get close to it it's usually a good film. I mean, he wasn't pleased with Kubrick's The shining so he made a remake of that master piece. I love his books but I just wish he could let professional film makers do the films.

I watched 42 last night.

Decent enough film but I thought it was a bit flat.

I'm usually a sucker for a sports biopic (or often a film with just a sporting theme - to the extent that I watched and quite enjoyed American Flyers :)) but it felt as though the film didn't quite pack the punch that I guess the story may have actually had.

I may be mistaken about that, though - perhaps some of our colonial brethren or baseball afficianados could put me straight? About the film or the story. :D

Went to the cinema and watched Iron Man 3 last night.

Totally enjoyable, disengage the brain movie with some quality performances from Downey Jr, Guy Pearce and Paltrow but the star of the film undoubtedly was Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin.

saw iron man 3, enjoyed it, way better than the 2nd one, found it a bit strange, he doesnt spend that long in the suit and i think they might have overplayed the mk 42 suit a bit and then underplayed the other suits at the end, performances are good, the bit with the kid was good, the comedy worked although there is a lot of it, pearce and RDJ are both very good and sir ben was great

but -

i cant make my mind up if i liked the mandarin, dont think he got built up enough before the reveal and then he was almost too comical afterwards

Extra-Untouchable-008.jpg

Bloody fantastic. All that needs to be said. WATCH IT!

Never been a huge fan of foriegn film but this is making me change my mind. **** brilliant.

The Hitler moustache bit had me crying, especially as I knew he'd do it because it's what I'd have done!!!

1st winter soldier concept art -

new-concept-art-for-guardians-of-the-gal

There's quite a few bits floating around.

Iron man is better on second viewing. Still has issues but massively enjoyable, on a second viewing the fanboy in me is less disappointed as the (arguably cheap) trick it plays is less galling.

Had an urge to watch this last night:

img_3395_godfather.jpg

I've lost count of how many times I've watched it but it had been a while. It's still an absolutely brilliant film, love it.

Part II is scheduled for tonight, looking forward to it. Might give Part III a miss.

I watched 42 last night.

Decent enough film but I thought it was a bit flat.

I'm usually a sucker for a sports biopic (or often a film with just a sporting theme - to the extent that I watched and quite enjoyed American Flyers :)) but it felt as though the film didn't quite pack the punch that I guess the story may have actually had.

I may be mistaken about that, though - perhaps some of our colonial brethren or baseball afficianados could put me straight? About the film or the story. :D

Where did you see it snowy? I've searched around and it has no UK release date, or did you manage to catch it online?

Â