The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

i thought they were making red2? really enjoyed it, surprised me a lot and i spent many a week trying to explain a throw away "would" comment about helen mirren

like i said reunion isnt a bad film by any stretch, its pretty much exactly the same film you would expect, too much of it (kevin, oz and finch) are throw away overly predictable pointless characters, jim is still taking up too much screen time and stiffler is still stiffler, i just feel like they could have done something really clever and they didnt

Watched Mission Impossible Ghost Recon last night.

Must say it was really good. Not gonna win any awards, it was "leave your brain at the door" viewing.

But very enjoyable.

Must say it was really good. Not gonna win any awards, it was "leave your brain at the door" viewing.

But very enjoyable.

Is that the sequel to Ghost Protocol? :P

I agree, it was very enjoyable.

Watched 2 films over the weekend :-

Jacobs Ladder: Now I watch a lot of films and TV so how i missed this film is a mystery. Anyway, it was the wife’s turn to pick a film and after some research this was her choice. Brilliant film, really enjoyed it. I may have to watch it again though. Makes your brain work a bit and the plot is quite clever but a bit obvious. 9/10.

Drive: Uses all the elements of film making to the max, take out a part (music) and the film is nothing to write home about. Kind of feels like Scarface in the way it’s put together, Scarface light maybe. Not a bad story overall but needed some backbone to it, with no back story to the characters it's a bit of a cartoon. The action sequences are neither one thing or another, why show a birds head get blown off and then show us half the elevator action. It gets a 7 but only just. 7/10.

Watched a few films on the TV over the weekend.. Sixth Sense on Friday. First time i've seen it since it was on at the cinema and watching it again, the twist is obvious! Although I will admit I didn't see the twist coming the first time I saw it. Watched Mission Impossible on Saturday ad Munich last night. Munich was very well made but not sure of the historical accuracy of some of the things in there.

But very enjoyable.

Is that the sequel to Ghost Protocol? :P

I agree, it was very enjoyable.

Haha! Recon, protocol... what's the difference?

Watched a few films on the TV over the weekend.. Sixth Sense on Friday. First time i've seen it since it was on at the cinema and watching it again, the twist is obvious! Although I will admit I didn't see the twist coming the first time I saw it. Watched Mission Impossible on Saturday ad Munich last night. Munich was very well made but not sure of the historical accuracy of some of the things in there.

So the twist was obvious the second time you saw this film? :?

So the twist was obvious the second time you saw this film? :?

Well of course! What I meant to say was that the clues were obvious straight away what the twist was and I should have got it the first time I saw it.

watched Safe at the cinema today starring The Stath...

never really watch his films but id heard good things...

cheesy as **** with some very dodgy accents but its a 90 minute thrill ride with some good fight scenes

worth a look

never really watch his films but id heard good things...

Seriously? From who???

I purposefully avoid anything with him in for the fact that he's the worst actor I've ever seen!

Edit: Sorry i realised you must have meant you'd heard good things about that film in particular.

Watched Avengers last night and just wow.

Its exactly what a superhero movie should be. It just makes you feel so good. It has great moments and it is set at the right pace. Iron Man's lines are brilliant. Hulks moments are great. Every character gets good screen time and good scenes. A great **** movie. Also geeked out at the end.

I watched it again tonight. It should come with an addiction warning.

I think as a movie in its own right it's very, very, good. But as a movie for what it is, it's completely perfect. I don't see how Avengers 2 can possibly live up to expectation when it comes around in 3 years time or so.

I've seen it 3 times at the pictures and I want to go again :lol:

Digging Thor at the moment, even though he talks like a dork, he's the only one who can match hulk for strength and that's pretty **** cool if you ask me.

:D

Â