The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Avengers - 5.5 out of 10

Finally i thought id see what the fuss was with this film. Went with an open mind as every one is raving about it but on the other hand its not my sort of film.

First hour and half is so long and boring, dialogue is ridiculous, and seems kinda pointless. Last bit of the film when they are in the city is slightly more intresting.

Observations - Thor is shocking, that stupid voice is laughable...the 'baddie' is awful...the first hour and half is boring and pointless...enjoyed the hulk scenes but he rarely shows up on screen.

Batman, blade, hellboy, kickass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over this film.

Honestly not trolling and each to their own, great for 12 years olds but kinda weird for an adult to enjoy this to be honest. Most 'overated' film i have ever seen

Seems kinda sad that every one will see this yet no one will see a good film like 'the raid'

What lost it the 1 point?

Cause to get a 10 it needs to be 'perfect'...tens for me go to 'city of god' 'the Godfather' 'Shawshank Redemption' 'One flew over the cukkoos nest'....maybe a ten for others is avengers :evil:

Seems kinda sad that every one will see this yet no one will see a good film like 'the raid'

It's not exactly mutually exclusive though is it? There will be people (like me) who have seen and enjoyed both. Enjoying a summer blockbuster won't immediately erase any taste in cinema that you have, particularly when it's such a well made one.

Avengers - 5.5 out of 10

Finally i thought id see what the fuss was with this film. Went with an open mind as every one is raving about it but on the other hand its not my sort of film.

First hour and half is so long and boring, dialogue is ridiculous, and seems kinda pointless. Last bit of the film when they are in the city is slightly more intresting.

Observations - Thor is shocking, that stupid voice is laughable...the 'baddie' is awful...the first hour and half is boring and pointless...enjoyed the hulk scenes but he rarely shows up on screen.

Honestly not trolling and each to their own, great for 12 years olds but kinda weird for an adult to enjoy this to be honest. Most 'overated' film i have ever seen

Cat/pigeon interface scenario.

Perhaps I won't bother after all - I suspect my response would be similar to yours.

Especially since I also have zero interest in Batman, Blade, Hellboy and Kickass.

Avengers - 5.5 out of 10

Cat/pigeon interface scenario.

Perhaps I won't bother after all - I suspect my response would be similar to yours.

Especially since I also have zero interest in Batman, Blade, Hellboy and Kickass.

2894418_o.gif

Its not the fact that someone doesnt like superhero movies, each to their own but its the patronising comments such as the one I highlighted that gets on my tits. Very narrowminded in my opinion.

What's the beef, guys? I mean, superhero movies? WHY?

Oh come on Mike... you're better than that surely?

Why any film? It's just a subgenre of action films. They're often quite fun escapism.

Â