The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

As for graphic novels... I think thats the snob in you, in all honesty ;). They may be poncey comics but they're often some of the best things in the medium. And it's not just a thing for kids. It was really the dark interpretations of Batman that created the graphic novel so perhaps you'd not appreciate it ;)
Guilty as charged, your honour.

I've tried reading them, and in all honesty, I can't see the appeal.

Each to their own and all, but I can't take anyone seriously who prefer the camp Adam West imagining of Batman over the dark Batman of the comics and graphic novels.

It's about a bloke who dresses up as a bat and runs around cities in tights fighting crime. And you want me to take it seriously? :shock:

The greatest moments of any Batman in any medium ever belong to the Adam West flick. Shark repellent, infeasible bomb-disposal days and an almost human porpoise.

I liked it.

I've seen a crappy cam copy of the post-credits Aengers scene (couldn't hear what they were saying), but it seems as Chindie suggested, it's a bit of a joke scene based on something said a little earlier in the movie.

the_iceman_poster_art_a_p.jpg

CANT **** WAIT FOR THIS!!!

After reading the book byPhilip Carlo, i am looking forward to this so much.

Richard "The Ice Man" Kuklinski was one evil bastard! Also Michael Shannon is amazing!

Films ive seen recently:

I saw the Devil - 8 out of 10

Deer Hunter - 8.5 out of 10

amores perros - 9 out of 10 (Highly recommend this film, Mexican film featuring 4 different lifes. Like Crash but a million times better)

La Haine - 9 out of 10 (Amazing film, regarding the lifes of french immigrants in Paris and there fights with the police during the riots)

50/50 - 7.5 out of 10

Captain America - 3 out of 10 (shocking)

Hunger Games - 4 out of 10 (complete shite)

Rear Window - 7.5 out of 10

Cabin in the Woods - 6.5 out of 10

Taxi Driver - 9 out of 10

i thought the novel of watchmen carried the impending sense of doom a lot better than the film did, meaning that the ending made more sense, not sure if it was the news stand guys or what but the end of the world stuff seemed to work on paper but not on screen

Films ive seen recently:

I saw the Devil - 8 out of 10

Deer Hunter - 8.5 out of 10

amores perros - 9 out of 10 (Highly recommend this film, Mexican film featuring 4 different lifes. Like Crash but a million times better)

La Haine - 9 out of 10 (Amazing film, regarding the lifes of french immigrants in Paris and there fights with the police during the riots)

50/50 - 7.5 out of 10

Captain America - 3 out of 10 (shocking)

Hunger Games - 4 out of 10 (complete shite)

Rear Window - 7.5 out of 10

Cabin in the Woods - 6.5 out of 10

Taxi Driver - 9 out of 10

Some good shouts on that list.

the_iceman_poster_art_a_p.jpg

CANT **** WAIT FOR THIS!!!

After reading the book byPhilip Carlo, i am looking forward to this so much.

Richard "The Ice Man" Kuklinski was one evil bastard! Also Michael Shannon is amazing!

Yeah, as much as I like Mickey Rourke I think Shannon will be the definitive Kuklinski.

Well worth checking out the book and the documentaries. A bona fide psychopath.

Massively looking forward to The Iceman as well....

the book was superb and if there is ever a man born pure evil its this guy....

he smashed a tramps skull in just coz he asked him for money then walked past him again a while later to admire his work!

plus Michael Shannon is quickly becoming a favourite actor of mine

hope it's not a let down

i do worry that because he was such a horrific bastard and his crimes and tortures were so brutal that they will to be able to portray it on film....

its definately gonna be tamer than the book...

still looking forward to it all the same

watched american pie the reunion

its ok, its pretty much exactly the same as the previous 3, slightly disappointed that they hadnt tried to move the humour on to match the age of the fans of the original, basically all the characters are exactly the same as they were in 1 and the film is still aimed at 16 year olds, meaning it still plays on that last bit of immaturity you have as a kid but now at 28 has gone, but at the same time it had 3/4 references to things that some of the youngsters in there didnt get but me and the gf did

its better than the wedding but a disappointment IMO

Can't wait for American PIe Reunion to be honest.

Even though it might be shit, it's just one of those films that I grew up with and will always remind me of being a teenager.

To expect a mature approach and a wistful piece on adulthood from the chaps that brought you 'Harold and Kumar' is a bit foolhardy.

The film that reminds me of being a teenager is 'thirteen'. We sat in a room expecting girls to lez it out but got a grim drama instead. Set a decent precedent for life, though.

I haven't seen the film but I'd expect that's exactly where the humour is supposed to come from. The characters are all older now but still acting immature, then perhaps at the end of the film it dawns on them that they really haven't changed that much since they were teenagers and thus they learn another important life lesson and finally mature a little bit (with the exception of Stifler perhaps, I can't ever see him growing up).

Â